TINA

Hi,

TI provides models and examples in TINA.

What's the learning curve like for TINA? How does it compare to LT Spice?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Never have heard of that one. How much money is it?

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

The TI version is free. I was wondering if anyone here runs it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I dont think so. I have not heard anyone mention it before now.

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

Search google's s.e.d archive. I hear it doesn't compare - I've not used it.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The primary Google pages are from TI. They have tutorials, U-Tube videos, etc. Tina's website says the Industrial version is $1k.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'm using some tiny TI synchronous switchers, and it would be prudent to sim them all, with various loads, and make sure they are stable. TI provides TINA and TINA models.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Feel free to share some screen shots with us if you get the time. Be interested to see what the gui's like.

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

Tina is trivial to learn. The problem is importing external models. With the TI version, you can't. With the full (paid) version, it's only a pain in the ass.

Reply to
krw

I do, mostly AC analysis.

Reply to
krw

I wanted someone else to do that for me!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'd only use it for simulating TI parts. I assume they made that easy.

I could get one of the kids here to do it, I guess. I hate learning new software. When I switch between PADS and LT Spice, my fingers keep doing the wrong things to, say, zoom or something.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I tried to use it a few years back and did not get very far. After some digging I found I could extract text spice models from the tina models so I just plugged them into LTspice.

--
Chisolm
Republic of Texas

Sure. The parts are in there. There are also some chicklet parts in there, too, but not enough to be useful for the sorts of simulations people try to do with LTS or PS. I'm not confident enough in the models to bother with them, though.

I find zoom, scroll, and stuff like that to be pretty consistent, at least in Windows. I hear you though. I never got the hang of driving LTS. The fingers just don't go in the right places.

Reply to
krw

I used TINA for a while, and I even purchased their low end PRO version for about $40. I did not even have it installed on this computer. I installed it but it needs a PO number and activation key, which I can't find. It may be on my older computer, but it doesn't really make much difference to me. I am used to LTSPICE and now TINA seems really awkward. The only real advantage to TINA is its interactive ability where you can, for instance, click a switch or move a trimpot slider, and see meters moving and LEDs lighting. Here is a screen shot of an old design:

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

I have found relatively little support for general use. TI provides it for their models only. LTspice has a Yahoo group to provide support for any way you care to utilize it.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Can we get a screen shot?

Reply to
Gunther Heiko Hagen

Looks quite a lot like EWB. That also uses virtual instruments like the 'scope' shown in your shot.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Originated with academics in Hungary (IIRC), has been around nearly 20 year s, originally intended for student learning and had interface with lab meas urement system. The documentation is orders of magnitude better than LTSpic e- dunno who he wrote that for, Martians or something...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You do no such thing, you little fairy lightweight...wouldn't count on you to change a light bulb without f_cking it up.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred