TI, who are they kidding?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in Texas Instruments. You have responded to one of our advertisements or press articles and directly requested from a publication further information. As you know, the popularity of the Internet continues to grow every day as a prime means of communication. It also offers an excellent opportunity to help preserve our environment and save the considerable quantities of natural resources consumed in the production of printed documents.

Please find enclosed a document that will help you to find the information you are looking for under TI's website -

- and also a useful European Product Information Centre (E-PIC) sticker for future reference.

Yours sincerely,

--

Enclosed with this letter were 2 glossy full color flyers one of which offering a free cdrom, the other about RoHS, 1 E-PIC sticker with phone numbers of european product information centres, a paperclip and a letter explaining that TI is reducing the number of printed documents.

All this was received in a large 36x25cm cardboard envelope weighing at least 50gr.

I vaguely remember ticking a box on the EPN website for some TI product some time ago. I've forgotten by now what product it was and, thanks to TI, I still do not know. But since they are so well aware of Internet why didn't they send me an email? Other manufacturers do exactly that when I request information through EPN.

How ecological they are at TI.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

Maybe because their web site has been over-sophisticated by some whizbang Java kids so it's now too sluggish.

Other than that TI is a good company. When I read that they help their employees with geriatric care for their ailing folks that made them climb up my sympathy ladder a lot.

But that EPIC, well, tried it a couple times. Didn't work.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to