TI Code Composer Studio

TI are currently running a promotion on code composer studio. They are including a full license with the purchase of a low cost ($10) 430 launchpad.

Note that this is the full CCS supporting all TI devices, and can be used for commercial products (and includes future upgrades).

I would imagine this will be of interest to all the one man bands on here.

Reply to
JM

It's download only. How big of a download is it? Thanks

Reply to
Wanderer

The offline installer is about 830MB.

There is an offline installer option which allows you to install support for specific architectures, which presumably will result in a smaller download.

Reply to
JM

I wonder why this particular board is not supported by the linux or Mac version of Code Composer?

--

Rick C
Reply to

No Linux support for the eZ430 interface.

There are (allegedly) workarounds

JM

I'm not following what the difference between the eZ430 and whatever other programming interface is used on other MSP430 eval boards. It looks to me like the typical USB serial port chip with JTAG capabilities... or is the JTAG missing from this tool? I think every TI kickstart type board I have uses this same USB type interface. I ended up using it with a Raspberry Pi because the device driver under Windows wasn't signed and Win 8 made me jump through too many hoops to get it installed.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Thanks for the heads up, for ten bucks can't go wrong.

Martin Riddle