Through hole parts and solder paste

Can through hole parts be used with the stencil/solder paste/bake technique?

I'd like to possibly do a combination of smd and thru hole. (haven't done it yet).

I thought that if you can form and precut the leads (and maybe dip in a bit of paste ?) before placing on a pad with paste, it sounds like it may work?

or maybe you don't have to dip in paste first?

I thought also, if you kept the board level and suspended it in air while placing parts and baking, maybe you could cut the leads after being soldered?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
mkr5000

"mkr5000" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@a15g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

Hello mkr5000,

To solder through hole parts with paste isn't reliable. It's simply a bad choice in my opinion.

Selective wave soldering is the right solution. Everybody is using it.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Ok -- thanks.

I'll just do the through hole parts later with an iron.

DIY stuff, no wave soldering here.

Reply to
mkr5000

"mkr5000" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@p8g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

put a tiny drop of glue below the parts, as the tin will migrate with time and might not hold that part for long. ciao Ban Apricale, Italy

Reply to
Ban