Three phase thyristor rectifier

Sir, My name is Sreenivasan. I am doing my Engineering 2nd year. I have done a project on 3-phase rectifier using thyristors. When I give its output to a resistive load I get the expected output. But, when I give its output to a D.C Shunt Motor I am getting a problem. The problem is: An EMF is generated at output which is greater than the applied voltage (i.e If I apply 220V from output of rectifier to motor the voltage across armature is >300V) How to arrest that??

Reply to
vj.sreenu