Though most of you won't care

My sympathies. Praying that your grief will soon turn into loving memories about the good times you had with your dad. That will never go away.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

She gets her own back by saying she's taking all my test equipment straight down the tip.

I mention how much some of the small boxes would fetch, and she reconsiders for up to a couple of seconds.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yes indeed.

My parents retired from a 2 storey house to a 4 storey house. It is *full*. Some of the stuff is rubbish, some definitely isn't. There is a big grey area :(

Auction houses will be rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I was 12 when my father died.

Three brothers, one already gone and two in college (around for another couple of years).

Mom was 51.

Reply to
krw

I care Michael. It's always a shock, even if "expected". Take care of _yourself_!

Reply to
krw

Sorry to hear about your dad, Mike.

For some reason, I have you in your late 50's (and maybe that's a stretch?), so I guess it means your pop lived a nice long life. Good for him!! I hope his passing was peaceful, and that you are also at ease.

Mike

Reply to
mpm

That's exactly what we did for my MIL's house. We hired an auction house to come in and do the auction, for which they got a percentage and carted off everything that couldn't be sold. They even "broom cleaned" the house so it was ready to sell. Living 1000mi away, it was

*well* worth it. They got a better price for the "junk" than I could have and got it all done in a day.
Reply to
krw

How about you care about the things you care about, and as for you caring about what others care about, go f*ck yourself.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Sorry to hear that. Mine died when I was five so I suppose being allegedly more flexible as a child I "got over it" easier than you will.

Take your time.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Go find some teenagers on the lawn again to shake a rake at or something more your speed.

Reply to
bitrex

Take my condolences.

And remember this: There are two possibilities here. You watch your Parents die or they watch you die. You don't want to put them through that.

Reply to
jurb6006

On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 11:33:37 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote :

enet and other online groups for the time being. My email address is good, if someone needs something from me. Goodbye.

Just a quick visit. My dad was 87, and he was suffering from Dementia. He p assed away in his sleep.

My dad worked over 25 years at a Corrugated Paper Box company, (AKA: Cardbo ard box), retiring as a Foreman. A few years later he took a job as a Cabin et Maker, for a school system in Florida. We were close, and often helped e ach other with our projects. He and I were born in the poorest part of the United states, in Appalachia, in Eastern Kentucky. He grew up on farms duri ng the Great Depression where you either made due, or you did without.

All of my grandparents had passed before I started high school, and I lost my mom 30+ years ago, to Cancer. I have had health problems all my life, bu t I am close to 70. I a currently dealing with the after effects of a VA do ctor's lies. I was told that my prescriptions were all renewed. Instead, sh e cancelled all of them, even ones from other VA doctors. I spent over a mo nth without my Diabetes medication, along with the supplies to treat slow h ealing wounds on my legs.

I haven't had a good night's sleep in over ten years, or a day without pain . Some days it was so intense that I was considering using a chainsaw to re move my legs. I was sick of waking up screaming, and the spasms literally t ossing me off my bed. I have had two bad falls this year, where I couldn't get up. Life can be a real bitch.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

My condolences Michael.

--Spehro

Reply to
speff

Hi Michael, Winfield here. I'm very sorry to hear it. Just curious, have your tried THC and/or CBD?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win