Thompson Clan Spreading Out

Son, Aaron, born and raised, and resident in Arizona for 48 years, has moved to Kentucky.

He got a job promotion so lucrative he couldn't refuse... he will be servicing the IT security needs of the pharmaceutical industry in Kentucky.

I kept mum the past week while he moved his arsenal from Arizona to Kentucky... didn't want some pansy here deciding to "try" to interrupt his trip >:-}

All CCW permits/reciprocity/ammo filings are in order for all states traveled. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

It's Kentucky, why lug them across six states and fill out all that paperwork instead of just buying some new AR-15s and hand grenades and stuff at the arms emporium shop in the mall next to the liquor store once you get there

Reply to
bitrex

Do I detect a note of cynicism in your reply?

Cursitor Doom

I'm only half-kidding, at a certain income level hauling around "household items" halfway across America when you have to move starts to feel like more time and hassle than it's worth.

If it's the gun your grandfather owned, sure. If it's just some regular gun meh it would depend on the expense and time/complexity of the transport paperwork

Reply to
bitrex

I like Bazookas-R-Us.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'd start a chain in Kentucky that sold alcohol, tobacco, and firearms I'd naturally call it Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. It would have a drive thru window. The goal would be to efficiently serve near 70% of the daily purchasing needs of the state's residents in a one-stop-shopping location. Please write for more information if you'd like to get in on the ground floor of this lucrative investment opportunity

Reply to
bitrex

Kentucky- the state that gave us McConnell and Paul.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And Sanders. Colonel Sanders.

Reply to
bitrex

In the old days, it *was* evil and scary! Thankfully they've made it much more civilised over the last couple of decades.

Cursitor Doom

.500 is a lot better than most states.

Reply to
krw

Hell, each time I moved, I just put everything in 5-gal Home Depot buckets, packet them with my tools, and had them loaded onto the moving vans or trailered them myself.

FOPA (Firearm Owner's Protection Act) makes it perfectly legal to transport firearms from anywhere you're legally allowed to possess them to anywhere else they're legally allowed. FOPA trumps local laws.

Reply to
krw

Yeah but the weapons have to be unloaded in a locked container or compartment and what happens if Hillary's ninja assassins choose to set up an ambush along the route?

It also makes the assumption that the local constabulary of Podunk, Missouri are experts in Reagan-era Federal firearms legislation. Heh, God bless

Reply to
bitrex

laws. "

Try it in Connecticut. Those people are nucking futs about guns. It's like the plague to that state government and even worse in certain cities etc. T hey literally tore a guy's car apart just because he was on record as havin g a CCW. Didn't even bring any guns because he didn't want any problems.

Still believe "in" registration ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Hopefully he planned on telling an ICE agent "No speak english, bitch."

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe they'll give me a free Cancun vacation. God, that sounds just _terrible_.

Reply to
bitrex

Wrong.

That's always the case, particularly in New England.

Reply to
krw

See the comment above.

You *will* get off. The NRA (and other like groups) just love these cases.

Reply to
krw

New England police tend to be well-paid and have an IQ above 85. Think this tub of lard right here is also a legal expert?

Reply to
bitrex

You couldn't even recognize an 85IQ if you added your fingers and toes to your IQ.

Reply to
krw

e the plague to that state government and even worse in certain cities etc. They literally tore a guy's car apart just because he was on record as hav ing a CCW. Didn't even bring any guns because he didn't want any problems.

I thought CCW was counter clock wise?

I'd like to learn more about this case. I find it hard to believe they tor e his car apart "just because" he had a CCW. I *lot* of people have CCWs a nd they don't all have their cars torn apart. So clearly there must have b een something else as well.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit