The trolley problem

The problem of selecting between 5 lives or 1

Plus other problems

Why would one select 5 to die instead of 1?

Is it because you then decide with then guilty conscience?

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

This is stupid.

"The Moral Machine took that idea to test nine different comparisons shown to polarize people: should a self-driving car prioritize humans over pets, passengers over pedestrians, more lives over fewer, women over men, young over old, fit over sickly, higher social status over lower, law-abiders over law-benders?"

How does the car know women vs men, young vs old, fit vs sickly, higher social status over lower, law-abiders over law-benders?

Reply to
John S

Any self driven car would be able to avoid hitting the many/few, young/old, etc. by stopping.

It's a hypothetical.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

Do you also think Schroedinger's Cat is stupid?

How would a human driver know all that?

If you suddenly found yourself in that position, what would you do?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

own to

ng over

social

I'd step on the brake until I came to a full stop.

with radioactive stuff and not scratch the crap out of the person holding you who would probably be Niels Bohr. No, wait, more likely J. Robert Oppe nheimer. He never liked cats much.