The New Agilent

Dreadful name; sounds Taiwanese. Nobody is going to want to buy a Keysight signal generator.

Interesting that HP spun off the profitable stuff, and Agilent ditto.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 08:43:36 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

You obviously have not been using modern Agilent gear. Their newly named stuff will be just as good. We have entire racks of their instruments being fitted in our test labs.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

OK, explain why that's obvious.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 09:43:37 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

"Ducky" would have a field day with you. Both before and after.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A side-effect of the era of enlightenment when complete trash like Fiorina were appointed CEO, and you should see all the other corporate boards that see yew enn tee has sat on since- utterly useless trash who couldn't compet ently run a fast food restaurant!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Ducky?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Keysight? Seriously? Bombsight is more like it.

I wonder how much they paid somebody to come up with that. Of course everybody in the business was calling Agilent "Flatulent" for the first few months.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I never thought of calling them that, having spotted the anagram ;-)

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

I was working for Agilent shortly after it split from HP. Never heard it called "Flatulent". None of us missed the anagram "Genital" though.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

it really does.

It's a move straight from the failed company playbook.

Every division Motorola spun off years ago is doing great. I'm not sure if the the legal name Motorola even makes or does anything at all anymore.

Same story for Kodak.

Nobody learns anything.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Sexy test gear!

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Maybe it was just the customers who called it that. I heard it a fair amount.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Maybe hindsight would have worked?

Martin Riddle

Judging by their repair & recalibration pricing, it's somewhat appropriate.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Probably an oversight.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Moto: "We're in the cell phone business."

HP: "We're in the PC business."

Kodak: "We're in the film business."

Intel?

Microsoft?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Who the hell thought up that name? It's horrid. They should just talk to HP and get back together again.

People will buy the good stuff, no matter what name is on it. The junk needs the marketing cache of the name brand.

Reply to
krw

"We're in the x86 business. Whatever your question, x86 is the answer (at x86 margins)."

"We're in the Windows business. Whatever your question, Windows is the answer (with M$ quality)."

Does either have another business? Really?

Reply to
krw