The Master Reading a Book

...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Comment # 1: You are reading the book backwards. I expected you to bend the binding backwards and read it the other way.

Comment #2: The picture shows quite an artistic contrast between beauty and ugly

Reply to
brent

I already saw the video, the book can be no better.

don

Reply to
don

Opps, wrong video.

don

Reply to
don

40% off; smart shopper!
Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

PLEASE tell me this is not some late-night webcam hookup!! Or if it is, who's on the other end? :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

It figures.

At least its "Going Rouge" and not "My Pet Goat".

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Where's the soldering iron ? or as some Americans say "the soddering iron"

Reply to
richard

Going "Rouge"??

Isn't that what Obama is doing ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Liberals need to learn to choose better crackers and cheese with their whine.

I see you have it opened to the centerfold ;)

Martin Riddle

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

R-O-G-U-E.

maybe he types dyslexic like me.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The rogue republican is using rouge but the shirt is red.

Reply to
Geoff

I've never heard anyone say "the soddering iron" in over 45 years of soldering in the US. BTW, I started at eight years old.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

of

I've never heard it called "soddering iron" either. But I have to say, with the new breed of idiot children we're graduating these days, all bets are off!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

In message , Michael A. Terrell writes

Uh? I'm British, and used to work for an American electronics company. In 20 years, I never heard any American colleague NOT say 'sodder' and 'soddering'! It's something which you just can't help noticing on each occasion you hear it.

--
Ian
Reply to

Has _anyone_ ever heard it pronounced with the "ell"? ...Jim Thompson

In message , Jim Thompson writes

Only everyone on the UK!

--
Ian
Reply to

I've been to the "continent" multiple times, but never to the UK. ...Jim Thompson

Yep.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

I've been to the UK and never heard the word solder pronounced. :) I must have been hanging about with the wrong people.

Why are they "on" the UK and not "in" the UK? I suppose it's an exclusive club, being in the UK and one must know the secret handshake and password before one is accepted for membership. Until one is accepted, one is merely on the UK as it were, riding a boat.

In N.A.: solder, rhymes with odder. In U.K.: solder, rhymes with alder or maybe more like older.

In North America we pronounce it sodder but we only do it to annoy the imperials. :)

Geoff