The internet of things, or the internet that sings?

Whatever, been playing with those POE powered sensors, small box, yesterday and 2day was the turn for a CO sensor.

Using a MQ-7 sensor, small boxes arrived, could finally put something together:

The upside-down sub-board is an ebay ethernet module, but it only has a ENC28J60 chip on it and I already replaced the ethernet connetor, so next time I will just use the chip.. simpler, domne that in my LED controller.

Anyways, this is NOT for 48 V POE but for B8:27:EB:0A:2C:43 type:0x800 len:0x40

192.168.178.82:1082 -> 192.168.178.73:1082 UDP TTL:128 TOS:0x0 ID:46078 IpLen:20 DgmLen:33 Len: 5 33 39 30 0D 0A 390..

Food pizza! The smell of molten lead... I am still alive...

PS you have to think of a MAC addres for this thing, it is a #define in the code. I keep making my own MACs.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Very impressive! That's one well earned pizza.

In order to better follow along, my next parts order probably ought to include a PIC16F690 and a PIC18F14K22. You seem fond of both, judging by your PIC page.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
Reply to

On a sunny day (Sun, 21 May 2017 23:07:07 -0000 (UTC)) it happened Don Kuenz wrote in :

Thank you.

I used the 16F690 in the past, then changed to 18F14K22 (on recommendation of I think it was Sphero). The 16F has 'banking', making life a bit more complicated, the 18F is more linear to program and has a more powerful instruction set, faster too. I save tons of time by having just 'standardized' on the 18F14K22, as I can just paste asm code from one project to the other with minor changes. Wrote a whole lot of libraries by now .

I am making a web page for the CO sensor, the code worked OK all night. On the server side it is logged, and a big alarm goes of if either the level is too high, or the data is no longer received. This 24V system design is for a boat, those have nasty places where CO can accumulate, but it works fine at home too.

Will post a link to the web page when the final code is ready.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje

PS I also received 2 DHT22 humidity and temperature sensors.

Those seem to be a lot more accurate than the DHT11. Just have to put it in an other box, maybe weekend.

DHT22 hanging outside..

So

More things...

Will make a website for DHT22 too.