The insects are coming

The insects are coming:

not bad Canon A470 full zoom hold in hand from a meter or so away.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Still one of my best photos ever (mind, I don't do general photography much):

This is just kinda cool...

Oh, also once saw this big goofy guy, katydid?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature

Great! 3 in a row. I feel much better.

Reply to
John S

Interesting single wire.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Not sure, but it might be a mud dobber. I have had them all around me and have never been stung by one. They are benign.

Looks like a very young one to me.

Reply to
John S

Your fingernails?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

On a sunny day (Mon, 10 Jun 2019 11:25:28 -0500) it happened "Tim Williams" wrote in :

Nice!

We do not have that over here :-)

This was in 2016:

2017:
Jan Panteltje

The ground wire is just out of view, below. Also you can see a connector but no pole pig, same thing, it's just out of view. I guess it is unusual that they put the hot line so high up. *Shrug*

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

On a sunny day (Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:13:41 -0000 (UTC)) it happened John Doe wrote in :

Wrong viewpoint. Nobody is 'competing', only in your imagination. What will be 'competing' is China, it will use the good stuff they find already happened with something I designed, and sell it at a price even poor 'merricans can afford... That scares the shit out of your Precedent code named 'Agent Orange' who then adds import tariffs to make things more expensive for same 'merricans. or something like that.

You could learn from all that is published. Show us some pictures you made babble head. You could even contribute something of value, well COULD... I;d rather be the hammer than the nail, if I only could, I surely would' Copyright Simon and Garfunkel. El Condor Pasa

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:59:39 -0000 (UTC)) it happened John Doe wrote in :

So you have no pictures. Did not yer mama make one when you were born? ten years ago there were plenty of cameras...

So what.

In that USA anybody who opposes him is fake and futile he even controls the NYtimes they stopped with political cartoons after one did show him being led by a dog marked Nethan-yahoo or whatever. Dictatorship.

In the future could it be (like in Berlin in the past) Mr Xi and Mr Putin dividing the US in a Chinese and Russian part in the Washington conference?

??? !

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It's a moth actually. When butterflies land they put their wings up together like praying hands. Moths land with their wings spread flat like that.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Jun 2019 04:09:52 -0400) it happened "Tom Del Rosso" wrote in :

Interesting, did not know that, does look hairy..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No, it's a butterfly. Butterflies often sit with their wings open soaking up the sun. To be exact it's a painted lady:

Regards - Rodney Pont
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rodney Pont

On a sunny day (Wed, 12 Jun 2019 09:45:30 +0100 (BST)) it happened "Rodney Pont" wrote in :

Nice Thank you

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Is there a general distinction then?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Right, I think you look at the antenna. Butterflies have knobby ends, moths are feathery.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Many. Moths are nocturnal (butterflies are active in the daytime). Moths make cocoons, butterflies make chrysalises. Moths have broad hairy bodies, butterflies are thinner and smoother (this one looked like a moth, here). The antennae were covered already.

Reply to
krw