The Die Off Has Begun

ote:

of relief.

change-global-warming/

of species extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population cr ash.

ions reduction...

n't impressive against the European population of 500 million, and in pract ice these deaths were concentrated amongst the elderly and physically infir m.

to talk about the beginning of a die off, but so far you are being prematur ely alarmist - peddling an apocalyptic fairytale, with even less evidential support that even Jamie thinks he has mustered.

n isolation?

lobal warming proceeds, but they are - in fact - isolated and tolerably imp robable.

om the living with a reproduction rate significantly less than required to maintain its existence. The Muslims have been making up the difference howe ver. Europe will be radically different from what it was by mid-century.

Larkin. The Muslim population of Europe is a small minority, and it would t ake a couple of centuries of energetic breeding to make them a substantial majority, by which time they will be indistiguishable from the rest of the population. I posted the numbers here a few years ago, in response to rough ly the same moronic claim.

g with it since antiquity.

Europe is crowded enough that fertility is currently below replacement, in part because most of it's inhabitants have now got enough money to look for more space for the kids they do have.

e decline. The Muslims will not remain a small minority with replacement ra tes averaging 4-8x those of the ethnic Euros.

Since you don't understand which facts are basic, you fail to recognise how off-the-wall your argument is.

The first generation Muslim immigrants haven't got used to being able to af ford more space, and the family sizes represent the replacement rate their parents grew up with to cope with a much higher child mortality.

The next generation isn't going to be anything like as fertile, but right-w ing lunatics think that it is being Muslim, rather being from an impoverish ed background, which determines the fertility rate.

Mindless extrapolation.

More detailed studies would reveal that people who are doing well in the mo dern world are replacing themselves and then some.

talks about the Flynn effect and positive selection for other "economically valuable personality traits". You aren't seeing a decline in the populatio n of ethnic Europeans, but rather a vigourous selection for particular usef ul traits. People who don't have these traits might not be replacing themse lves - but do we really need to replace the kind of people who voted for Tr ump?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (but in Seoul at the moment)
Reply to

On 2017-06-21 17:35, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [...]

And you seriously believe this trend will continue all the way to extinction?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Not at all, they will interbreed with the immigrants. There is evidence h*mo sapiens in their desperation interbred with neanderthals, so immigrants will be no problem for them.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The whole human race has less genetic varation than a single tribe of bonobos. Interbreeding with Neandertals enlarged the gene pool a whole lot more than interbreeding with any immigrant could, so that motivation is correspondingly less.

The fertility difference between native-born Europeans and immigrants is entirely cultural, so intebreeding won't make any difference to that - as anybody with any idea of what was going on would be well aware.

Fred does seem to be having some difficulty getting to grips with this insight.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yes, as they've always done everywhere.

If humanity would have continued to breed like we did in the

1960's, we would all be jammed shoulder to shoulder in two centuries. In six centuries the entire mass of the earth would consist of humans. Isn't extrapolation fun?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

They weren't desperate, they were just frisky.

Evolution does favor those individual who like to breed. It's impressive how many apparently intelligent people don't believe in evolution.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I bet women and the poor will be hardest hit.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Have you ever seen a neanderthal woman? Replace frisky with drunk and you're closer to an explanation.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 5:18:07 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote: ...

will be exponentially worse in magnitude and duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about it. Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay attention to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

we evolved there) but large chunks of the planet will remain perfectly hab itable.

..

Although humans will probably be able to control our environment to survive there are other things may be beyond our control:

Ocean acidification and temperature rise has the possibility of devastating ocean life and the large percentage of the population that depend upon sea food.

Tropical diseases and dangerous insects are already becoming common in temp erate zones such as the UK. This is expected to become more prevalent in t he future with significant consequences.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93

Of course most tropical diseases and insects are being transported home by travellers coming home. And perhaps helped along by folks who don't like vaccines...

Not to mention that malaria and other so called tropical diseases are NOT tropical, rather they were eliminated in temperate climates by the use of pesticides like DDT, swamp clearing, etc. Look up the history of malaria, it was in Canada back in the 1800s...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

No, but I have dated two lady lawyers.

 Click to see the full signature

Nice! ;-)

Reply to
krw

ing

e h*mo sapiens in their desperation interbred with neanderthals, so immigra nts will be no problem for them.

're closer to an explanation.

I wonder why Fred thinks that the gene pool got expanded by a human male ma ting with a Neanderthal female? It's just as likely that a Neanderthal male might have been seduced by human female anxious to have rather more muscul ar off-spring than she could get from the males in her tribe.

The Y-chromosomal human Adam lived quite a while back - somewhere between 2

00,000 and 300,000 years ago, but the particular Neanderthal Y-chromosome i nvolved could easily have been lost.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman