The Deplorables

Your just spinning a line, Sloman. You just talk total shit in every post you make.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Pimp or not, the guy is an asshole and a parasite who contributes absolutely totally *jack shit* to this discussion group.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

But don't the parties, and expenses have to be related to official foundation business? How do they disguise it? You would think IRS would uncover the scam.

Reply to
billbowden

They're parties for the big fish and other glitteratti.

Reply to
krw

So? Why would you take an official trip to a far away place to solicit money for your foundation and all you get out of it is a free trip to somewhere? The donation now goes into the fund. Next question, how do you withdraw the donated money for your personal use that is not related to the foundation? Or, is everything you do related to the charity and therefore whatever personal expenses you have doing anything are paid from the foundation assets? Seems like IRS would figure that one out.

.
Reply to
billbowden

More money.

Salary.

So what? It's perfectly legal. You don't think the head of the Red Cross is a volunteer, do you? Don't know what it pays not, but 20 years ago it paid over half-million. ...and that's a "real" charity.

Reply to
krw

It's not short enough for me to bother sitting through it.

Cursitor Doom's recommendation didn't motivate me to put up with it for more than the first few seconds.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Not exactly. I post stuff you disagree with quite frequently. You do like to claim that it is shit, but you have long established that you can't tell shit from shinola, any more than jurb can.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

,
?

Julian Barnes is our leading gullible half-wit, who keeps on telling us tha t Hillary Clinton has serious and long standing health problems that nobody noticed until she became the Democrat candidate for the US presidency.

Why an electronics group needed this obvious Republican election propaganda escapes me. Why Julian Barnes bothers to post it isn't that obvious either - he could be being paid, but even the Republican covert propaganda machin e should have been able to find a more convincing shill.

James Arthur has been their usual mouthpiece around here, but he does seem to be sceptical about Hillary Clinton's imagined health problems.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And you are voting for who? Clinton or Trump?

Reply to
billbowden

You're pretty naive Bill.

Haven't you noticed that whenever Obama flies to a partisan fundraiser he goes to some made-up 2-minute dedication / other event first, so the expenses can be charged to the taxpayer rather than honestly, to the Democrat Nat'l Committee? Isn't it funny how those dedications always happen to be next to an event the president doesn't want to pay expenses for?

And the IRS going after an ally of this administration? Not on your life. They're above the law.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

You're not getting it. If everything you want is paid for as an official expense everywhere you go--food, travel, computers, cars, help, friends-- why would you need money?

And for those few annual millions we all burn through in spending cash, just give a speech or two to one of those outfits you did favors for.

Purse full, problem solved.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yes, certainly!

Reply to
krw

Let me help you out here, then. It's where the German President goes live on TV to state that it's not the Elite that are the problem - it's the

*people*.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Obviously not. The Australian newspapers report politically significant events in the US, but they couldn't care less about the US president's ceremonial. activities

Isn't it funny that you haven't posted a link to a web-site that documents this scandalous abuse? Perhaps Karl Rove's name in a prominent place discouraged you?

You really will have to cut back on your pro-Republican political propaganda. Being a little too obviously a Swift Boat person dents whatever credibility you might have left.

Or they are careful enough not to break it, which can't be said of Trump.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

all

ld

ou

the > > foundation?

The IRS did catch up with Trump for some cases of that.

ory.html

In Trump's case, because he went on an ego trip with an over-sized flag-pol e and upset the local council.

A solution adopted on both sides of the political divide. Trump doesn't hav ing anything to say that's worth listening to so he may not be able to adop t it.

The free market version of this story is that famous people are in demand a s speakers, and have to work out a way of rationing their time. Charging ab surd fees is a practical method. One of our friends wrote an excellent book on why women don't get promoted as often as they should, and found that ch arging $10,000 per speech was the only way to keep the demand within bounds .

Ex-presidents and ex-secretaries of state are even more in demand.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I cannot for the life of me imagine why that would be the case. It was bad enough having to listen to the cads and scoundrels when they were in office and during the run up to same.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The payoffs were happening when Hillary was Sec. of State, making decisions in that capacity favorable to her Clinton Foundation donors.

One assumes that's why she needed a private e-mail server to discuss 'yoga,' and why she had to have those 'yoga' e-mails professionally erased.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Well, I still can't figure out the balance sheet but it looks like several people are making a bundle. Bruce Lindsey 360K, Eric Braverman 261K, Andrew Kellel 175K, Stephanie Strreett 139K, Robert S. Harrison 208K. From form IRS form 990. That's a about a million for 5 people. I can't imagine working for a charity and asking for 200K in salary while starving people in Haiti are hoping to get a couple dollars a day. .

billbowden

You might not be able to imagine it but 200K seems to be SOP.

--

John Devereux
Reply to