The Deplorables

The American constitution appears to allow banning books e.g.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Thank god their book-banning antics have become totally ineffective in the internet age.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You do keep quoting from that pathetic, discredited rag. We'll see exactly who the *real* crook is over the coming weeks...

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, that's sounds conclusive to me. Time to move on, people. ;->

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

How about his eulogizing "Sheets" Byrd?

Reply to
krw

The Washington Post seems to have picked up the story

It hasn't got quite the reputation it had when it blew the whistle on Nixon and Watergate, but it's neither pathetic nor discredited, which is more than one can say for Trump.

And more than you would say, if you had a grain of sense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Don't confuse the Constitution with the Supreme Court--they don't necessarily follow it. (And don't confuse the Supreme Court with the Constitution :-).

But regardless, profanity is not the same as political speech, the latter being highly protected under any free society.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

How about when Bill said that "a few years ago this guy would've been bringing us coffee"? (paraphrased)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Sure, I was just responding to the post (that you snipped) about the US constitution being superior to the German one just because Germany allows book banning.

I am sure Mein Kampff and holocaust denial books are just a file sharing site away in Germany, too...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

He said books. I don't believe in suppressing political speech either, but perhaps it is understandable given the history.

The German constitution does not seem to say anything about banning books. In fact Mein Kampff does not appear to be banned as such as far as I can see.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

No, it's not excusable. Banning or suppressing dissenting political views is God's gift to deranged, unhinged lunatics like Sloman et al, whose flaky and downright dangerous ideology would be given free rein to fester and eventually become the prevailing dogma unchallenged. That's no good for humanity, let alone democracy!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You don't seem to realise that posting that same link over and over and over again doesn't increase its credibility one iota.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It only shows his never ending stupidity.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My flaky and downright dangerous ideology seems to be doing fine in Scandin avia and Germany at the moment.

Curistor Doom does see economic success and remarkably positive social indi ces as "festering", but then he likes the UK just as it is, which is a trif le perverse, but there's no accounting for taste.

In Cursitor Doom's perverse and somewhat ill-informed opinion. The Germans and the Scandinavians do seem to be voting for it at the moment. The gullib le suckers - like Cursitor Doom - who can be frightened by the prospect of the occasional immigrant, aren't as enthusiastic, but there aren't all that many of them - only half the population has sub-average intelligence, and even fewer of them are thoroughly stupid.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The World's Most Evil Couple[tm] are also implicated in drug-running and Mexican crime cartels:

Cursitor Doom

And claiming that he had no choice but to join the KKK to get elected in West Virginia, a state that only exists because it broke away from Virginia over slavery.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Er, no. Sorry, Bill, but you're living in cloud-cuckoo land as usual.

Er, no, sorry, they're not. In fact the anti-immigration AFD in Germany has overtaken the ruling CDU in many areas. As for Sweden, if you only look on YT instead of that silly WaPo, you'll see the country has been brought to its knees by mass immigration and is now at breaking point.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It may be stupid to waste time riling Cursitor Doom, but it is fun.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That statement says a lot about you.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

He finally found a full-time occupation?

Reply to
JW