The Deplorables

You go right ahead, but we ain't taking no more shit.

  1. Women, White Men gave you your rights.

  1. Blacks, White Men gave you your rights.

I, a White Man am willing to die for your rights right now.

Who would do the same for me ?

T^T

Reply to
jurb6006

A white man?

Reply to
M Philbrook

Don't worry, he didn't mean you.

Reply to
John S

After thousands of years of taking them away.

Ditto, mostly.

lunatic fringe electronics

that was hardly limited to white or men

and why should what some people did to or had done to them before you were born have any relevance now?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Why bother? They're not worth the sacrifice.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's got nothing to do with skin color. It has to do with ideas that happened to arise first in Europe, e.g. liberty & natural rights.

You're confusing the power of ideas with pigmentation.

The beauty of our system was that no one had to care about anyone's color or the cut of their jib, provided we each lived freely without harming anyone else.

When the gov't starts harming you for your color, to benefit those of another, though, that's a horse of a different color.

Therein's always the problem of governments getting involved in redistribution--they have to hurt some to benefit others, which sets peoples against each other.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Looking up my name I found that some of the Italian aristocracy would name their slaves "of the red" after the color of their coat of arms. (So I'm a desendant of slaves and Obama is not, unless his family was enslaved by Muslims.) It doesn't matter to me. In fact only 2 generations ago it wouldn't have mattered; if my grandfather had been paid more it wouldn't make any difference to my bank account today.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I have no idea, and it's irrelevant anyway.

Something that I view as self-evident, but seems like a lot have trouble grasping: If I have a problem with my life, if I don't like my life or the way it's going, and I don't live in a fascist, dictatorial state like North Korea (the USA certainly doesn't fall into this category), and I'm not so severely ill that I can't work at all or do anything, I know where to start looking for the problem.

I look at myself. It's not the fault of Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, transgenders, feminists, the 1%, the 99%, the liberal or conservative congress, George W. Bush or Barack Obama, the marginal tax rate, or that the stars aren't in alignment.

Nope, the problem is right here. Like Michael Jackson said: "I'm starting with the man in the mirror."

You don't like the way your situation is? Two steps. A) be kind to yourself. B) man the f*ck up and do something about it.

Reply to
matt
[snip]

I haven't quite figured out why it's always liberals that want to stir up racial tensions.

Maybe it's because they've never actually lived in a mixed community and have some twisted idea of what goes on there... or have no other way to get votes ?>:-}

I've stated before, I grew up in a mixed community, post WWII VA housing, 1/2 acre minimum lots, heritage immaterial, always assisting the black family two houses up rounding up their turkeys if it rained ;-)

My current community is probably 35% Caucasian, 35% Hispanic, 30% Black... no tensions... NO crime... everyone is armed... they wave hello as you walk or drive by... always inquiring of our health, particularly since the spate of ambulance visits ;-) ...Jim Thompson

It just occurred to me that, since his father was a Muslim, it's more likely that his ancestors were slave owners.

Some have lived there and some never would. They arrive at their POV different ways.

They've certainly used immigration as a way to import votes. Since Andrew Jackson murdered Indians and gave their land to voters, they've always bought votes with other people's property, but in 1965 they realized they couldn't buy enough domestically.

I grew up in a NYC area that was half Latin (post Immigration Act) but still with a lot of Irish. The Irish were usually the bullies and criminals. The only race we didn't have was black. They lived on the other side of a boulevard. In NYC they were never forceably segregated, but the government sure made them feel agrieved. If we strayed over there we were in real danger. When I, in an act of anti-bigotry at age

13, rode my bike over there to see how wrong the warnings were, I was chased out by a swarm of 7-year-olds one of whom started it by yelling, "Hey get that white kid." I would have been dead meat if they were older. But even then I knew they weren't that bad a generation earlier before the Great Society.

It was not symmetrical. When they came into our neighborhood we were the ones who had to fear. But that's the effect of a government telling them they should have a grudge. We see it now in the Obama administration's influence in Fergusson and elsewhere.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

They believe that history is a class struggle. They see everything as haves and have-nots. I've said before that this explains a lot of their behavior.

Some of them won't admit they believe in the basic tenets of Communism, but most of them don't know where their philosophy comes from.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Why can't turkeys get wet?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

There were hardly any male-dominated societies in history who voluntarily offered equal rights to women or racial minorities. They/we had to be shamed and forced to do it. Jurb's comments that "White Men gave you your rights" is not what happened.

The world certainly needs improving, and it's useful to understand how we got where we are. Many of the forces are still in play.

lunatic fringe electronics

Probably a majority of the world's population were slaves in the early

14th century. European peasants were essentially owned by their landlords, and runaways were returned. Slavery was common in most of the world. It took the plague in Europe, and the resulting labor shortage, to begin to change things there.

My Irish ancestors were probably slaves to the British landowners. A couple million Irish starved to death or emigrated as the British continued to export cash crops from Ireland.

lunatic fringe electronics

They _drown_ swallowing the rain... dumbest creatures (domesticated turkeys) on the face of the earth ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in great ones." -from Luke 16:19-31

That certainly wasn't true in 1850. Or in 1950. When I was a kid, no black person (defined as 1/16th black or more) could eat in a white restaurant, use a white drinking fountain, go to a white school or university, or enter any of a number of professions, or live in a white neighborhood. That produced a cultural isolation that exists still.

In the South, segregation was unconstitutionally enforced by government. There wasn't much redistribution going on.

The Great Society, of course, used racial preferences, and a little bit of redistribution, to keep the black population isolated and voting Democrat. That mechanism continues.

lunatic fringe electronics

If they had guns with high capacity magazines, they could shoot the raindrops themselves and not be forced to depend on a vicious government that only wants to keep them dependent.

Reply to
mixed nuts

I am sick to death of people comparing this country to third worl shithole dictatorships and saying how great we are. How about Switzerland, Uruguay, wherever Amsterdam is, and places that have jobs, like EVEN RUSSIA !

I agree there are worse countries, but the fact is that there are also better.

Reply to
jurb6006

There's no need for that. If the turkeys vote for Hillary she'll protect them from all the raindrops and make sure that it never rains so turkeys can be happy and won't need to show i.d. to get the guns that they won't need because that would be racist.

;-)

Reply to
dagmargoodboat