The Constitution

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

That makes just as much sense[1] if you s/progressives/libertarians/ s/conservative/liberal/ s/pinko/Nazi/

Mensch ist mensch, the whole world over.

Those that seek to divide people into Them and Us invariably have their own self-aggrandising agenda.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Then you have an excuse to be ignorant of what others say. Any 'other' who gets a 'progressive' label becomes a nonperson.

And every discussion becomes a monologue.

Reply to
whit3rd

nhall.com, 2017_04_06

Indeed, what is the difference between the above and if it was slightly reworded as below:

------------------(edited)------------------- If you just accept that everything conservatives say is a lie designed for the sole purpose of enhancing their power, your life will be a lot more pleasant. You are going to be able to relax, secure in the knowledge that you are not hearing things, that up is not down, that you are not crazy, because you understand that each individual syllable rightists utter is a self-contained cap- sule of pure deception. And once you embrace that reality, you will see clearly that as a liberal dedicated to truth, per- sonal liberty, and our Constitution, your only course of action is to destroy their putrid ideology and crush their hideous rightist dreams before their beady eyes.

-----------------(end)-----------------------

This is how fascists talk. They demean the opposition and make them appear to be sub-human, so discussions of destroying them is acceptable.

The climate change nuts @ 350.org showed this when they made the famous video of skeptics being blown up because they dared to question the religion.

You can have fascists on either side of the political spectrum.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Precisely.

I long ago came to the conclusion that the "far left" and "far right" were so similar and repugnant/misguided that effectively they "met up around the back", i.e. a circle, not a line.

Only later did I hear that {Goebbels,Stalin} both said "give me a rabid {Communist,Fascist} and within a week I will have turned them into a good {Fascist,Communist}.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

If you just accept that everything a conservative says is a lie...

Any "other" who gets a "conservative" label becomes a nonperson.

No change required.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

You lied.

krw

We _still_ HAVE a Constitution?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Plonk. You won't be missed. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

In the same sense that DOS is still an operating system.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson doesn't regret not seeing posts from anybody whose opinions don't line up with his own. How else could he stay quite so far out of touch with reality?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Funny how no one followed the link... just got their knickers all in a twist over my SIG which quoted a piece by Kurt Schlichter.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Says the guy who killfiles anyone and everyone he disagrees with...

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Not disagreement. Offensive. Without the proper trigger warnings

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

THAT is a very good way of stating its existence!

Reply to
Robert Baer

You post obfuscated links to low-quality propoganda pages with no explanation. they're not worth clicking. and certainly not worth discussing, you show no understanding of the content.

Jasen Betts

I had looked at it, but no matter how much obama is /schooled', nothing will happen. His mind is a state machine, built from dying NMOS ROM.

The DNC should have never bought him from Russia, in the first place.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

If he can't be bothered to explain what it is, and why it is worth watching, I'm not going to bother.

Worse, by clicking you would likely be directly "monetizing" the type of scumbag fake-news peddlar that is the curse of the modern internet.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Precisely.

My remaining life is too short as it is; I'm not going to waste it trying to /guess/ why he thinks I should read it.

The same is true for yootoob and TED videos.

Reply to
Tom Gardner