The amazing, free, Google Earth.

Or type "San Francisco" and you'll see, in that very view, the roof of our "new" building at 14 Otis Street. Doesn't show the new hvacs or the Presidential Hatch, though.

John

Go to Google and download and run Google Earth.

When you get it working, fly to Austin, Texas and then to 8905 Bluegrass Drive.

Where Google's text cuts across the road, count four houses to the North on the right hand side of the road. (To where the red Chrysler

300M is parked in the driveway) That's where I live. And work.
--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Google Earth on 824 E. Cathedral Rock Dr., 85048, and the cursor comes up on two houses to the right.

Ours is the one with the white roof in the back, with solar panels on it.

...Jim Thompson

Those images a 3 year old.....haven't the things changed yet!!

Reply to
Jack// ani

Those images are 3 year old.....haven't the things changed yet!!

Reply to
Jack// ani

I'd show you where my house is, but besides being a distinct stupidity to release my address on the internet, you can't spot me from satellite anyway.

Just generic USGS photographs of this area ;-)

Tim

Tim Williams

Jim:-

Way across town from you, but do you have any idea what the triangular earthwork (?) 'thing' is at the below 'placemark'?

It's beside a complex with major league size (and some smaller) baseball diamonds to the West of it, in Surprise, AZ.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I pulled the image up on Google Local and it has a pointer to your address due west of a golf course green and a large bright area behind the house- no way in hell can anyone make out what's parked in the driveway. What kind of architecture is predominant in that neighborhood-the houses all look taller than the trees- or maybe those are some kind of scrub brush- makes my throat dry just looking at the place.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Neato, I never new google could do topographic. I see you live on top of a hill. nice view of the Chinese Wall to the north?

Martin Riddle

Heres a odd artifact of the topographic simulation. Zoom in on the Lake Powell Dam. Thats one wild bridge to cross. Very low lake level too. Antelop island is much bigger than it was 25 yeas ago. It actuall blocks access to the north part of Wahweap bay.

Cheers

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Martin Riddle

What's Seiko Instruments Austin Inc.?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

--
I can. ;)
Reply to

[snip]

Looks like a quarry to me, but I don't know for sure.

...Jim Thompson

Google Earth's rendering are pretty poor... it's a hill with about a

45° slope up to a peak, then about a 30° downward slope to the houses north of here.

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... [snip]

...Jim Thompson

,

"Seiko Instruments Austin, Inc. markets handheld consumer electronics products in North and South America."

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Reply to
John Fields

--
If you Google on "Google Earth" there\'s a FAQ that explains how they
do it and, AIUI, the oldest imagery is about three years old, so

I was about to download and install that, but it turned out to be kind of a PITA - you have to install ActiveX, which is like a virus magnet; the guy that told me about it just the day before yesterday said that if you zoom in on 12143 Rivera Rd, Whittier, CA, 90606, you can see my Winnebago.

It's almost worth booting up Doze just to take a look-see. ;-)

How close to real-time is it? Like, for example, John, if you pulled the car into the garage, would the empty driveway show up after a little while?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, it'd be easy enough to look up your IP, for someone who knows how that stuff works. I've heard there's even a 3D "visible" traceroute - a program that shows a globe with highlighted lines along your packets' "path" from computer A to computer B. I don't remember what it's called, but it's supposedly also a lot of fun. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
I couldn\'t quite make it out.  Where are you parked?
Reply to

I'm in Linux now, but I did save a link, which is a .kmz file, and since Pan can't attach anything, I've just slapped it up on my website, but I don't know what will happen if you just click it; if you do and it does work, the Winnie is the dim whitish thing in the shade between the two buildings, just north of the thumbtack. Washington Ave is east-west, and the building is south of it, and just west of Rivera Rd, which kinda tees off Washington, heads south, and curves around and heads west, on the south side of the building. The building I sit in is the one with about 9 ceiling vent thingies.

Oh, yeah, the link:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise