Thanks for all the info

Just to claify I realise that the final circuit will require two timers. A slow (555 type) for the 2Hz and some means of deriving the

10-250nS pulse from the rising edge. The Schmitt trigger folowed by a number of gates to define the pulse width sounds good. I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help. P.S This is to trigger a photon counter where the cycle time (2Hz) is not critical but the trigger pulse integrety is vital.
Reply to
iCod

There is one programmable delay generator around that would lend itself to this kind of job.

It's only good for a delay range from 2 to 12n nsec per device, but it is a delay line, so you could put the same edge through the same part up to twenty-one times to get your 250nsec. The design would be messy. Two parts in succession might make it easier to fit something around a programmable counter.

It's just "a number of gates" built into one device, but it's been designed and specified for this specific job.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman