Texas Church Shooting

The sooner compulsory carry for everyone without a criminal record is introduced, the sooner these outrages will be stopped for good.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No reason for compulsory carry. Just getting rid of all gun-free victim zones would help.

Reply to
krw

I think he was being sarcastic.

Reply to
Perry

No I wasn't.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I don't. There is a city around here where all homeowners are required to keep a firearm (no, they don't check). Home invasions are pretty rare.

Reply to
krw

BTW, for you gun grabbers out there:

Reply to
krw

The number of gun deaths would increase.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There is absolutely no evidence to support this assertion.

Reply to
krw

There is certainly no evidence to support the idea that universal carry would mean that "these outrages will be stopped for good."

If everyone carried a gun, lots of crazies, mean drunks, clumsy people, folks with bad judgement and bad eyesight, self-appointed cops, all sorts of borderline cases would be firing away. There would be cascades of gunfire over all sorts of misunderstandings.

Given the way our government functions, the idea of serious, effective screening is absurd.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

There is evidence that more guns = less crime.

But it doesn't happen.

Agreed, and unnecessary.

Reply to
krw

There are already 300 million guns in circulation, they're nearly as common as rocks, anyone who wants one and can afford one already has at least a couple.

Reply to
bitrex

Cursitor Doom wrote on 11/5/2017 6:52 PM:

Without a criminal record? How would you know if the guy has a criminal record? Should we brand a letter into their forehead?

I literally can't imagine the world where everyone has a handgun on their person. I think that just means you get shot first, then robbed rather than being given a chance to hand over your valuables.

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

Background check, moron.

Utter nonsense. Expected nonsense but nonsense nonetheless.

Reply to
krw

You are walking down the street and you are doing background checks on everyone you see? If everyone is armed, the criminals will be armed as well because you don't know who they are any better than you did when you weren't armed. It's just now, they won't stand out after they shoot you and the cops are looking for someone with a gun... but *everyone* has guns.

You see things are one dimensional. You have a gun, so you will be safe. But that's not true.

If I want to use a gun to rob someone and I know they have a gun, I'm just going to shoot and not let them have a chance. The types I see in the paper robbing and killing don't seem to have much compunction. They like easy targets and someone with a gun is only an easy target if they are dead.

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

IOW, nothing changes. That's the way it is now.

No, you're just blind, as lefties are.

...and if everyone else (significant population) has a gun, it's a rather large deterrent. The perp can't shoot everyone. Notice how all these shootings happen in gun-free victim zones. It's not a coincident.

Reply to
krw

The issue here is compulsory carry. I don't think that has been tried.

Just guns falling out of purses and backpacks would kill a lot of people. Three year old kids would pick up shiny handy guns and kill people.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Den mandag den 6. november 2017 kl. 00.52.38 UTC+1 skrev Cursitor Doom:

if you don't want the government to say you can't carry a gun why is it anymore right for them to say you must carry a gun?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Stop making sense. People don't like that.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Utter nonsense. I'm sure there are a few in Chicago or New York, and other leftist hell holes who want guns and can afford them.

Reply to
krw

Or is right for them to tell you who is allowed into your bedroom :)

But, really, don't feed anonymous trolls that repeatedly state that "Russia Today" is a trustworthy news source!

Reply to
Tom Gardner