Tesla ~Musk

I live in the St. Louis, MO area, and I see a Tesla almost every day, and saw 3 in one day just last week. I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid, my daughter has a Prius, and I see a lot of hybrids, as well as an occasional Volt or Leaf.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

eople won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can easily be leading the way to that point.

selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's only a ma tter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company are fi nancial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industry. T esla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're selling belo w cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew i t. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm beginnin g to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sabotage , lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage.

I recently acquired an investment because they have so much up side potenti al and in spite of what the pundits say they are delivering on their promis es even if not to the penny or the hour. Model 3 production exceeded the p romised 50,000 units by a wide margin this quarter and will continue to inc rease next quarter. Nothing formal has been announced for the profit, but the hints are that they will be in the black. Even if this is only by a sm all amount, it will be enormously significant and the stock will rise appre ciably.

You seem focused on the far future which is chaotic and difficult to predic t, but there is nothing on the horizon that predicts the company will fail. I think you are not considering the reality of a company turning hugely p rofitable.

They have not blown a 5 year lead, they still have a 5 year lead as I indic ated in my prior post. NO ONE else will have sufficient chargers for five years. Without a good charging solution an electric car is not viable as a general purpose car rather than being a local commuter car with attendant limited sales.

Your hypothesis of "big auto" sabotaging Tesla is unsupported unless you ar e suggesting Elon Musk is the "big auto" saboteur. That I might believe.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Bitrex seems to have a very strong dislike for Tesla, much like JL's extrem e dislike for Elon Musk. I suppose Bitrex is unhappy that the GM electric vehicles don't get full attention from GM and so have rather lackluster sal es. I recently tried to get info on buying a Bolt in my area from a web si te that tried to put me in touch with three dealers. For some reason one d idn't even handle the Bolt, one didn't have any on hand and hadn't had any for months and another simply never responded. I will say we had a good we ather weekend after a month of bad weather so maybe they were literally too busy to answer the phone. Who knows, but clearly the Bolt is not selling well. I expect this is because of the very limited charging options and to tal lack of support for this from GM. There attitude seems to be, "Yes, ch arging happens".

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 10:34:43 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can easil y be leading the way to that point.

er selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's only a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industry. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're selling be low cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm beginn ing to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sabota ge, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage .

[...]

You and a bunch of others are being conned and robbed. And that's your prob lem. Tesla will be bankrupt by the end of the year.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

at people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can eas ily be leading the way to that point.

ider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's only a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company ar e financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industr y. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're selling below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they bl ew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm begi nning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sabo tage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of dama ge.

[...]

You don't even want to wait a month to see if they become profitable or nea rly so???? Ok...

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 12:21:06 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can e asily be leading the way to that point.

nsider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's onl y a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the indus try. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're sellin g below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm be ginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sa botage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of da mage.

[...]

early so???? Ok...

Tesla is all lies :

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 10:46:37 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com w rote:

h that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can easily be leading the way to that point.

consider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's o nly a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the compan y are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the ind ustry. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're sell ing below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and the y blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm beginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through internal sabotage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage.

[...]

nearly so???? Ok...

You are too funny.

Yes, they have staging areas where the cars are massed in order to transfer them between over the road carriers and rail. It would seem they also hav e staging areas where cars are repaired after production.

Did you read the article? It says things like, "Tesla has been parking any where from a couple of dozen to a few hundred cars at a lot in Burbank, Cal if.", more or less at other locations. Tesla has produced nearly 100,000 m odel 3 cars and you want to make a stink over a few thousand that are in th e pipeline as they adjust production levels of different models to optimize profits in the short term.

Yeah, they are trying to make the company look as good as possible. That i n no way reduces the company value or their accomplishments. As long as th ey continue to meet the short term goals, the long term goals will still be met. Pretty much the same as every other company.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 12:12:10 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

ugh that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla c an easily be leading the way to that point.

[...]

or nearly so???? Ok...

er them between over the road carriers and rail. It would seem they also h ave staging areas where cars are repaired after production.

nywhere from a couple of dozen to a few hundred cars at a lot in Burbank, C alif.", more or less at other locations. Tesla has produced nearly 100,000 model 3 cars and you want to make a stink over a few thousand that are in the pipeline as they adjust production levels of different models to optimi ze profits in the short term.

in no way reduces the company value or their accomplishments. As long as they continue to meet the short term goals, the long term goals will still be met. Pretty much the same as every other company.

The only "verification" of any of the Tesla production data are statements made by Musk. Can we say IDIOTS? The insider leaks are that upwards of 85% of this junk rolling off the so-called assembly line requires re-work, and re-work kills any profit obtainable, assuming you can even sell it.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 2:08:11 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

nough that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tesla can easily be leading the way to that point.

ght consider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it 's only a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the co mpany are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industry. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they're selling below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past. I'm beginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through inter nal sabotage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage.

[...]

e or nearly so???? Ok...

[...]

You haven't done your homework. When you learn how the estimates are being made come back and we can discuss it. I've seen no credible evidence ther e is an 85% rework rate (much less "upwards") of model 3s. Which insiders would actually know this information?

Your link is quite old news being published May 2, 2018 before the changes to the factory automation had a chance to be effective. It the end of the following month when they achieved 5000 model 3s in a week. None of this r elates to sales really. The model 3 sales figure released for Q3 was 56,00

0, above the target.

I think the fact that you had to dig back to May to find bad sales figures says it all.

Your post would seem to show anger about the success of Tesla. What is beh ind that?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 3:40:10 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

enough that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. Tes la can easily be leading the way to that point.

might consider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money and it's only a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting the company are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about t he industry. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they'r e selling below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead a nd they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the past . I'm beginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through int ernal sabotage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bi ts of damage.

[...]

ble or nearly so???? Ok...

ml

[...]

s says it all.

ehind that?

Every bit of the figures released by Tesla are lies. The bastard is also fl opping on his solar roofing tiles business ( a $750M grant from NY state be ing used there), claiming hundreds of installations when in fact he only ha s one (1) installation.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

[...]

iles-bogs

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 5:12:59 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wr ote:

rote:

ad enough that people won't give a second thought to the charging issue. T esla can easily be leading the way to that point.

u might consider selling now, they're running on borrowed time and money an d it's only a matter of time before they crash. The only people boosting th e company are financial investor types, and they don't know jack shit about the industry. Tesla never could deliver on their low end model, which they 're selling below cost, and it's full of defects. They had a five year lead and they blew it. This is a story that has played out many times in the pa st. I'm beginning to believe big auto destroys these "disruptors" through i nternal sabotage, lots of little nobody sneaky people doing lots of little bits of damage.

[...]

table or nearly so???? Ok...

html

/

eing made come back and we can discuss it. I've seen no credible evidence there is an 85% rework rate (much less "upwards") of model 3s. Which insid ers would actually know this information?

ges to the factory automation had a chance to be effective. It the end of the following month when they achieved 5000 model 3s in a week. None of th is relates to sales really. The model 3 sales figure released for Q3 was 5

6,000, above the target.

res says it all.

behind that?

flopping on his solar roofing tiles business ( a $750M grant from NY state being used there), claiming hundreds of installations when in fact he only has one (1) installation.

Lol! So you believe everything the shorts write?

Ok, enjoy. No point in discussing it with you if you are just going to cla im "Fake News!"

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

iggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, chief executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Monica and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bankru pt.?

current stock should be less than $100.

Yes, things look pretty dire for Tesla. They will need to make major inves tments to store all the money they are making, lol!

The quarterly report is so over the top compared to what anyone expected. Not only did they not lose money this quarter, they had earnings of $311.5 million, or $1.75 a share compared to forecasts as low as -99 cents a share . Best of all cash on hand rose to $3 billion meaning less chance they wil l need to raise more equity. In after market trading the stock is up $25.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

biggest game changer over the next decade,? said Ross Gerber, chie f executive at the Gerber Kawasaki investment management firm in Santa Moni ca and a longtime Tesla bull. ?There is no chance they will go bank rupt.?

e current stock should be less than $100.

estments to store all the money they are making, lol!

Not only did they not lose money this quarter, they had earnings of $311.

5 million, or $1.75 a share compared to forecasts as low as -99 cents a sha re. Best of all cash on hand rose to $3 billion meaning less chance they w ill need to raise more equity. In after market trading the stock is up $25 .

The stock is hanging around $340 presently, that's some $60 a share above w here I bought. Tried to pick up some more on the last dip but I put in the offer too low. I like seeing the stock price on the screen while I drive through the mountains of Tennessee. :)

Today I had to charge three times on a 500+ mile trip, not because I was ou t of juice, but because of the spacing of the chargers and the third one is because my friend's house doesn't have a 240 volt outlet I can use. She i s selling her farm or she'd add an outlet for me. So I'm sipping coffee in Knoxville while I put a bit more juice in the cells.

Nice way to travel. I think I drove about half the time and Audrey drove t he rest of the way. She makes me hold the wheel with a firm grip so she kn ows I'm not sleeping. I think she did a better job steering around the tru cks on the twisty mountain roads than I did. Sweeeet.

Time to go, battery is up!

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit