Terms and Conditions

Do you mean that 'business' institutions dominate my life? And, you think that's optimal? Why? Dry is good, but I think that my socks can get dry without regard to corporate policy.

If only you had words to connect the conclusion with some factual premises! Then, the claim could have some credibility. Heck, even a bumper sticker would be a start, if there were a clear attribution: I could ask the author!

Yeah, you see, the 'I thought about it' argument doesn't work for you either.

Reply to
whit3rd

What is your roof made of, thatched twigs that you gathered in the forest yourself? Did you raise sheep and spin wool and knit those socks too?

It's impressive that, 1000 years ago, clothing was so valuable and most people had so little of it. Nowadays, it's almost free and people have to regularly clean out their closets and give stuff away.

It's hard to argue against basic conservation principles, like COE.

Or: No society can in the long term consume more than they can produce or steal.

lunatic fringe electronics

Yes, and all the time we have the ratings agencies on board and complicit in this, classifying this paper as AAA, nothing much will change.

Cursitor Doom

which will probably always happen.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Whatever I do, I have to pay tax. Raise sheep, pay tax. Spin wool, pay tax. Knit wool, pay tax. That's how public works and services are funded. Tax on corporate after-cost profits is a pittance, compared to individual income tax. After all, I have to live: upkeep my roof, clothe myself, and pay for electricity to dry the socks, and NONE OF MY NECESSITY COSTS ARE DEDUCTIBLE like business expense.

Never a straight answer. Straight thinking, logical connection, historic examples, those would be better than a bumper sticker. TLA: not better than a bumper sticker.

Reply to
whit3rd

Business makes profits which end up in people's pockets. In principle you can tax those profits at any point in the chain, whether from the business or from people or from retailed products. Each obviously has different effects.

Mr. Larkin doesn't want the tax on business because business development is what gives us everything we have, and taxation slows that development.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Conservation of Energy is hardly a bumper sticker.

Neother is conservation of matter.

lunatic fringe electronics

I hope that you have none of the blame for The Frankenvalve.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Right, but typically large institutional investor won't get burned twice in such a short time. They learned their lesson.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ing

nted

rer

Nope, the thermostat one was an unusual IP case--they wanted a referee for a JDA that had ended in a messy divorce, so I was working for both sides. T he BigElectric one was for a microplate reader for water quality bioassays in pharma.

Cheers

Phil "not that kind of gas" Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

2/3s, even with record income. The problem with the US debt has *never* been on the income side.

Something about were chickens sit.

Reply to
krw

The subprime crisis contains 2 lessons.

  1. The one everyone learnt
  2. Subprime is a great investment opportunity if assessed realistically Everyone learnt 1, few learnt 2. Large institutional investors tend to be me-toos.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

More importantly they also learned that when the entity concerned is so big that to let it fail could cause systemic collapse, that entity will be bailed out with public money.

Cursitor Doom

Did anyone from a ratings agency ever go to jail for those CDOs? I'd have thought labelling dogshit as fit for human consumption would be a crime in any decent country. :-/

Cursitor Doom

Therefore, #2 is irrelevant.

Reply to
krw

he misses it again.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nope. Like usual, you haven't (been able to) read.

Reply to
krw

here we go, stupidity followed by childish comments over & over. Bye bye.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Because you can't read or understand, somehow it's my problem. You sound like a Democrat.

Reply to
krw