Tektronix

"What is an oscilloscope?

The oscilloscope is basically a graph-displaying device ? it draws a graph of an electrical signal. In most applications, the graph shows how signals change over time."

Yo, what the f*ck happened to this company?

Reply to
bitrex

It's not the company, but their customers - the new engineers.

--

-TV
Reply to

bitrex wrote in news:0kZhF.558077$ snipped-for-privacy@fx45.iad:

What is it you are having a problem with?

Maybe you do not actually know what an oscilliscope is.

Electrical signals typically "oscillate" and a "scope" for viewing them is a device which plots out moments of those signals in the form of a graph plot to show how said signals change over time.

You getting weird over their fundamental description is funny.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

no

Anyone who needs to be told what an oscilloscope does is not a potential cu stomer. Potential customers don't appreciate being treated like 3 year olds . They've dropped the ball.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You obviously have no grasp as to why a customer visits a metrological instrument maker's web pages.

Most have comprehensive information resources, not merely the instruments themselves.

You being peeved about some odd percetion you have about what a customer would feel about seeing that opening page is actually pretty funny.

Nope. You get that treatment after you show up here barking out childish complaints about feelings no other customers experience from seeing that page.

Nope. They are one of the top players. It is like picking AMD or Intel and then thinking the other is lost or will lose some imagined race.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No, Tek has deteriorated. We buy Rigol. If you're going to get a scope designed, programmed, and built in China, why pay Tek to be the middleman? It's not as if they can provide much support.

Hey, they assume that we already know what an oscilloscope is.

Reply to
jlarkin

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Johnny is an idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Have you tried a Rigol scope?

Or a Tek lately? They tend to be buggy, and there's no support available because they apparently don't control the code.

I had the same problem with a low-end Keithley bench DVM. They can't fix bugs because they didn't design the box.

I think Tek and Keysight still engineer the high-end scopes, the fraction of a megabuck stuff, so they can support those. They offloaded the lower end stuff, just rebrand commodity products. Often you will see exactly the same instrument sold under multiple names, and a lot cheaper than Tek or Keithley.

My bench scope is the 4-channel 500 MHz Rigol. I had a 200 MHz Tek, but it had horrible stupid triggering bugs that they wouldn't fix. It didn't actually deliver clean gaussian 200 MHz response; they over-peaked it badly. And it took minutes to power up.

Reply to
jlarkin

Duh... managers in charge of purchasing?

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Bean counters in charge of everything.

Reply to
jlarkin

te

raws a

ow

Tek was bought by Danaher. I really like my new keysight 'scope. DSOX1102G. I say they have a four channel version.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yeah beyond just having some really questionable advertising copy their "budget" 'scopes seem really overpriced for what they offer.

Maybe they think "Nobody ever got fired for buying Tek!" eeeehh...idk about that it worked for IBM but Rigol very much gives them a run for the money. I didn't fire myself for buying mostly Rigol.

Reply to
bitrex

Those couldn't care less what an oscilloscope is.

Best

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

It's a common pattern: short-term monetize a brand name. Sell cheap imports at high prices and don't worry much about the long-term damage.

The rot has been going on for a long time. One of the sadder days in my career was in 2005 when I had to explain to a room-full of _Tek_factory_engineers_ that a scope lives and dies by its step response.

Tek tried to hire me in 1987, back when analog giants such as Battjes, Hollister, Traa, and Getreu still worked there. That would have been a lot of fun, but it wasn't as good as IBM Watson.

Tek never made enough revenue per employee to pay properly.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I said nothing about any other maker, Rigol included.

I said that your assertion about Tek makes you decidedly stupid. An idiot, in fact.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah, I am sure that is their business model. You are truly brainless.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

OK, keep buying over-priced buggy imported equipment from companies that used to be good.

tirsdag den 24. september 2019 kl. 00.44.22 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

they will have exercised their stock options and moved on before the long-term damage hits so that's someone else?s problem

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

What kind of oscilloscope do you have?