Tek AWG2041 serial port ?

Hello, all,

We've had a Tek AWG2041 Arbitrary Waveform Generator for some years. I have been the only person who could use it until recently, when I showed another guy. The menus are pretty difficult to use. My boss wondered if we could write a computer program to create waveform data and download it to the unit. I said "Sure" without doing any research.

Now, looking at the several hundred page User Manual, I can find out how to set the baud rate of the serial port, and that is just about IT! Yikes! There is absolutely no discussion I can find on what functions can be performed via serial port, or the protocol. They also say you can download waveforms off a DSO to the AWG using GPIB, but again, NO format or protocol info at all.

This sure was not what I expected from Tek! Is there another manual, maybe called a programmer's manual, for this? I wonder if Tek even has any manuals, since this is about a 20 year-old instrument, now.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Something relevant might be found here (going by the title only, not actually checked this):

Reply to
Dimitrij Klingbeil

I found somebody in Italy posted the Programming manual, very nice of them.

Thanks for the above, I will also have to look at that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I am looking at the "awg2000_series_programmer_manual.pdf". its very clear to me how to control unit via the RS_232 or GPIB..

ASCII strings etc...

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

In case anyone was wondering, that's 7.158692645411525e-105 meters diameter.

2041 AWG is small indeed.

As for manual, Google is your friend. Tektronix' website looks less than useless.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com