TE generator

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am looking to build a small TE generator that has a hot side at 100C and a cool side at

20C and is water cooled. I need advice on good suppliers, and the correct peltier units to purchase. I am also keen to get an idea on the efficiency of the units. I am not concerned about condensation. thanks
Reply to
Rupe

TE generator manufacturers:

Steve Noll | The Used Equipment Dealer Directory: |

| Peltier Information Directory: |

Steve Noll

Farnell stocks a range of Marlow Peliier junctions, and have done for more than ten years now, which suggests that Marlow are okay.. The Peltier junctions are characterised as Heat Pumps but should work fine as generators. They won't be particularly efficient.

I'd go for their biggest one they stock if you can afford it. The DT12-8LS costs 60.72 euro and has five times the area and about six times the power handing capacity of the cheapest part which still cost

41.79 euro.

Check out the Marlow website

They do mention that bismuth telluride peliter junctions don't offer more than about two to three percent efficiency as generators.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to