Tanh

Jim Thompson,

I think you need this on a t-shirt?

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Apologies for the repost. I still don't see my original, only JT's response.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

x = tanh(x) has some interesting possibilities, but not on my shirt.

It might be suitable on Jim "I am the greatest" Thompson.

lunatic fringe electronics

Absolutely. The solution to that equation is one of the most useful numbers in all of science, especially in data analysis--just multiply by that numb er and add in what it ought to look like. (We could call it Schoen's Consta nt after the famous Bell Labs ex-researcher, except that it already has a n ame.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

lol

Reply to
bitrex

:) Typo was fixed before you posted :)

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I preferred Fudge's Factor (the right answer divided by your answer) for exams. Multiply and all sins are forgiven. Properly executed, it worked every time. In fact, climatologists use its inverse, every day.

Reply to
krw

ers in all of science, especially in data analysis--just multiply by that n umber and add in what it ought to look like. (We could call it Schoen's Con stant after the famous Bell Labs ex-researcher, except that it already has a name.)

Lasse Langwadt Christensen