Ta da >:-}

As some random IC designer said, if you don't quote it, we don't have to see it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm just trying to make trouble >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Don't you have enough trouble already?

lunatic fringe electronics

Well! You do have to admit... even though I'm dying, I'm having fun

...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I did! If you dress properly (and there's no wind) 0 F is no problem. I'm planning another walk tomorrow morning, before 'my' Bills win 'our' first playoff game in 17 years! Go Bills!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. One must enjoy some things for the short time they are here, frozen creeks and playoffs.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Reply to
bitrex

Nope. The NFL is dead. Never going to watch again. College, maybe. The *big* game is here Monday and I have to be a couple of blocks from the stadium (and my wife will have to drive home). :-(

Reply to
krw

If the population gets too large, the Democrats worry that islands will capsize.

That's the whole point of AGW.

Reply to
krw

We're all dying but not all are having fun doing it.

Reply to
krw

It's the biggest redistribution of wealth program ever conceived. The Russians weren't interested in jumping on the bandwagon ("if it warms we won't have to wear hats") until they realized they'd profit from carbon credits then they were suddenly on board.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What I actually say is that John Larkin can't do critical thinking - any mo re than Jim Thompson can - and allows his opinion to be influenced by denia list propaganda sites, which are no more reliable than the right-wing polit ical sites - like Town Hall - that Jim Thompson favours.

The problem is more incorrigible ignorance than actual stupidity.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

He seems to be using John Larkin as a metaphor, as with "Where did you go Joe DiMaggio?"

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You'll be fine, you seem to be almost your old self again ;)

Martin Riddle

Less cynical would be good. If a lot of islanders become refugees, then end up on your doorstep, they aren't blackmailers, they're survivors.

And 'the whole point of AGW' is that it's GLOBAL, you'll never see the whole of it. It's not clear you're seeing enough to survive.

Reply to
whit3rd

The current "refugee" crisis in Europe is at least partially due to European governments supporting organized crime (people smuggling). A lot of people that do not get UN refugee status try to stay in Europe as long as possible to get various benefits that then passed back to their families and who then pay the people smugglers.

The real problem is the uncontrolled population growth especially in East-Afrika. That area would not support such population growth even without any climate change. The US government is also to blame since it ended support for family planning organizations.

Reply to
upsidedown

I'm determined so survive. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Not entirely. But denialist web-sites do try to peddle various spurious rat ionalisations, and Tom Del Rosso isn't great at critical thinking.

Twaddle.

s we

Who knows what the Russians were thinking? The people currently running Rus sia are an even less well-informed crew of crooks than the people currently running the USA - the debate would take the form of Trump-style tweets bet ween people with an even poorer grasp of reality that Donald-out-of-his-dep th-Trump.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The only reason the Russians are so constantly picked on and vilified in the MSM is because they refused to sell-out their country's interests to Soros and his cravenly crooked cronies.

Cursitor Doom

There's nothing metaphorical about John Larkin. His silly ideas about anthropogenic global warming get posted here often enough to make him a perfect example of the kind of sloppy non-thinking involved.

Tom Del Rosso is just as bad, but doesn't post as much.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And Cursitor Doom believes this because he read it in the disinterested pages of Russia Today.

George Soros would be more likely to take the attitude that Russian politicians couldn't be relied on to stay bought - he's not quite as stupid as Cursitor Doom, and can recognise a bunch of self-interested scoundrels when he sees them.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman