Synthesizer kits

So there are some companies that sell "Eurorack" synthesizer kits like this one:

that are like 100 SMT components on a board sort of the modern equivalent of a Heathkit.

"Music guys" buy these and a reflow station and/or small iron and solder them up and then post the result photo to a social media group "Hey guys so I bought this kit soldered it up and it doesn't work. What did I do wrong? What parts should I re-flow?"

Ask them something like "So did you check the voltages at the regulators with a DMM" or "Try scoping IC4's i2c line" and they're like "don't have any of that stuff why would I own that."

They think you're a huge nerd when you mention test equipment

Reply to
bitrex