Switching tiny small capacitors to a VCO

I think he means to use a varactor (or just a basic pin diode) in parallel with the inductor. Varying the reverse bias will change the capacitance so you can get 2pF or less, maybe down to 0.5pF depending on parasitics (the inductor will also add parasitic capacitance).

--
Change "invalid" to "com" to reply by email.
Reply to

Hi Chris,

ADF4360, differential, and no. The low-capacitance PIN diode idea (from John Larkin) worked fine, so I'm going to stick with that. In fact, I'll probably stick two of them in series to get even a litle lower capacitance (they're 0.2pF each, so it doesn't take many until you're starting to fight PCB parasitics... as-is I'll probably remove the copper directly under the diodes).

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad