Switching single battery poles

I have two AA cell connected in series to provide 3V to a circuit. I know I could switch either the positive or negative leads to turn the circuit (on or off) ... but could I alternatively switch the +/- series link between the two batteries? IOW would current flow from the

  • terminal of one to the - terminal of the other if thee was no return path through the cells?

Jim Latimer

Reply to
Jim Latimer

No two battery voltages are ever exactly identical, but if you connect two of them in parallel they may get pretty close.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Yes. A switch between the two cells will work the same as a switch in the +ve (or -ve) lead. (I think you misread or over thought it Bill)

Reply to
David Eather

More likely a congress critter drafting a new law regulating the placement of switches in battery powered devices. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Are you from Maine or something?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Sure.

John

Yes.
Reply to
John Fields

If you break a series circuit anywhere, the effect will be the same. So yes, breaking the connection between the two batteries will turn things off the same as breaking the connection between battery + and the rest of the circuit, or battery - and the rest of the circuit.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

He sucked you into that one!