switch question

How about motors, compressors and things like that, that are able to get up to their efficient run speed? You do know what happens when AC motors do not get their full voltage? In case you don't, they use more energy..! And hence the reason for the meter reading being higher than usual. Makes for a larger bill at the end of the month.. It would be the same issue if one had a low amp service to their home and the voltage was doing a lot of dipping when the frig, air, freezer etc, came on.

I find it hard to believe that such a simple problem is so hard to grasp.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If the disconnect is after the meter, sure it will.

If it's getting hot, it's resistive, and therefore is seen as a load (by the meter) just like "legit" loads - appliances, etc.

LV

Reply to
Lord Valve

I made no error, Junior.

Good God, you're stupid.

Reply to
krw

And you EE degree is from?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Unfortunately he'll never, ever, realize that...

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

No, but it doesn't affect the meter at all, just reduces the power available to the load.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

That's going to be a hard speculation to have come true...

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Verbatim quote (select all/copy/paste):

"I found one of the 120 volt cables on my 200 amp service disconnect switch badly corroded and causing brownouts.

Would this lead to a higher meter reading (more expensive)? "

Where was that then?

Does the planet you're on even have a sky?

Reply to
Ian Field

A box of Cracker Jacks that he found in a dumpster.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

what an ignorant sap you are.

Just like most of our politicians, blowing hot air, lying like pigs and twisting what facts they think the people will believe to keep the general audience looking their way.

Yes, you would be a perfect lying sack of shit politician, you have all the trade marks for it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

No, that was just a pile of nuts.

Reply to
krw

Try reading the rest of the thread, moron.

You could try reading the entire thread (you probably still wouldn't succeed): "In the meantime my electric bill more than doubled."

I hope, now, you feel as stupid as you are.

Reply to
krw

Goes to show you how much you understand about everyday devices in peoples homes.

You are not qualified, obviously, to discuss such matters. Do yourself a favor and think about it, not talk about it, especially here.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Talking to yourself dose not do much for the image. I would look into that if I was you.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If it's a resistive load, which it is (electric furnace), any increase in the line resistance will increase the total resistance, thus reduce the total power. That doesn't mean it won't cause a fire, since the heating is taking place where it isn't designed to be.

Reply to
krw

Don't get me going on that track!

Degrees = Things printed on paper, signed by those that think they have done a good job at passing on their knowledge to others. etc..

I've worked too many years in this field and others related to it to know that a high percentage of those with degrees of what ever, make the very few that actually deserve them, look bad. It's all about pushing out the dummies to get their money.

Back when I was in college most everyone there didn't have rich daddies to pay their way so they could get drunk, bag ever girl they could find, and pay some one to do their work for them.. Yes, I actually worked while I was in school and I paid in full, my education. Also, over the years, I have been in several adult (wait, you may not understand that one) refresher and entrance to other fields there by getting certified in such subject matter. Given lessons to the youth was another one of my little niches. Also I haven't done that in a few years now, no time unfortunately.

Yes, I have papers. Does not mean that I'm no better than any one else, in fact, most of what I know today is not from what I learned in school but from actual experience and research i've done. That is most likely more than you can say..

When I was in school, I had a hard time getting the instructors to get off the tube kick and get into real world electronics. Maybe that should tell you something? If not, then you're a sorry sap.

Oh, Btw, you're a total fool to take sides for which started this. You are only making yourself look more foolish with each time you open your mouth on this subject. The facts are the facts, no matter how much they get twisted from the original jerk that made the mistake. If you want to be one of his sheep, so be it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

One would expect you to say that. DimBulb has the same delusion.

You and DimBulb do make a perfect couple.

Reply to
krw

IOW, you're just another stupid wannabe.

Reply to
krw

Goes to show how much you know about electricity.

You're not qualified to post on anything to do with electricity or electronics, yet you're here.

Reply to
krw

--- "Dose"? "the"? "was"?

I'm sure you want to be considered competent in whatever you think it is you do, but I'm not sure you realize how badly your credibility has been affected by your not being able to master even basic American English.

It's bad enough that your "technical" contributions are tainted with spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors, but your attempts at what you seem to think is clever flaming point out how really lame you are.

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields