Switch for barcode scanner

I have post this question before few days but this is not a bit different approach.

OK. The scanner is powered over USB port on the RPI. I want to hook up pir motion detektor ( lc100 from dsc ) and use the NC / C contacts to simulate scanner button press.

Would this be ok to do ? LC100 motion detector is powered with 12VDC.

Reply to
gm

This IS a bit different approach :-)

Reply to
gm

Could be made to work. I expect it may take some tinkering though.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk