Sure is a lot of animosity here lately

Ya, I said it. Is it the cold? Is it the economy? Is it just people being... ? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Yes >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Jim that's not what I said. I was thinking that you were more of a problem than Larkin. And you confirmed it. Just to be sociable you might pause and think before before you hit send. Yes, you should be sociable even if you don't want to. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

As long as Larkin maintains his rude/crude/manic attacks, he will be subject to retaliation.

And it's not in my genes to be "sociable" to assholes... I come from a long line of Scots (Mac Tavish) >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Since when is "put up or shut up" rude, crude, or manic around here?

You say that sort of stuff all the time yourself.

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Well. I did post my equation. Larkin purposefully ignored it. His game seems to be to keep claiming I'm incompetent... tortious interference. I guess I am going to have to go forward and sue his company.

Why don't any of you sycophants tell Larkin to knock it off? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You're the one playing coy, which gets really old, really fast. If you want to shut down the BS, just post the calculation.

The upside: everybody gets off your back. The downside: the game stops, and maybe somebody finds a mistake.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Is it rude of me to ask him to post the equation that he says he used to get the R and L values?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

At some point it's likely to become necessary to ignore Jim entirely. Too bad. He could contribute a lot if he wanted to.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Agreed. But he doesn't want to contribute. He wants to tease people with the intent of proving how smart he is, and how dumb other people are.

Electronics is more fun than crude coy macho-slinging. Especially when the slinging doesn't work.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Larkin does ride along in the insults from time to time, but he post a lot of good stuff

You also post good stuff sometimes, but mostly it seems you just want to se em like your are more clever than the rest of us. Posting stuff, teasing, t rying to provoke a reaction and not just posting the formula in the other t hread from the beginning is just plain childish.

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

I did. And it was thoroughly explained in the ignition thread of years ago ;-)

Everybody? Who besides Larkin?

Anyone who doesn't understand may drop me an E-mail and I'll explain, but I prefer here to let Larkin rant on and on and on... >:-}

Try, try, try as you want.

BTW: It's intuitively obvious to anyone skilled in the art. Larkin is obviously not so skilled... look at his asinine equation. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It was posted. Use your skills to find it >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Right, we knew that, you like this asinine game. That makes one of you.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs
[snip]

I posted, in response to Mr. McMurtie...

"For this application the drive is repetitive at ~2kHz square-wave. Think of it as a one-cycle boost: When MN2 turns off, 0.5*L*I^2 gets transferred to 0.5*C*V^2, turning on MN1. When MN2 turns back on, the L is recharged and the gate of MN1 is discharged.

Except for "tropics" mode ;-) I believe it will hold up for significantly lower rep-rates.

The link now includes a complete .CIR file suitable to run directly in LTspice."

Add a dollop of current to accommodate Qplateau to make it dead-on. I suspect, with a little thought (and reviewing the gate charge plateau work I did with Win on the 2N7000 model) I can write an exact equation for the combination of Cgs/Cgd/Qplateau

My apologies to those who think I "tease". My intent is to get young bucks to do a little thinking for themselves. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

So, you never had an analytical solution that came up with the values in the simulation. And still don't.

Thought not.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

Mistake? Blasphemy! We should all just bow to Jim who is good at what he does and wants to make sure everyone knows. Did you ever notice that Larkin does something different than you? And I suggest he's good at what he does. Get over it, and yourself. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

It's because everyone but me has turned into a jerk. This happens to me every time I have a headache. I can't explain it.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Usenet is not a good place to find "young bucks." Try Craigslist.

 Click to see the full signature

It's the post-holiday season let down. I spent the entire season being uncharacteristically nice to everyone. However, once the holidaze were over, I compensated by being mean and nasty. Catching the traditional holiday cold/flu, blowing the clutch hydraulic system on my Subaru, being really late on the billing, my books won't balance, gaining a few pounds, and blowing up several pieces of equipment, etc certainly did not help. Since slaughtering everyone in sight is not considered acceptable behavior, I chose to vent my frustrations on Usenet. Since hostility seems to be the norm on Usenet, I assumed that nobody would notice or mind.

Bah Humbug.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature