Supermicro server motherboards with hardware backdoor?

Apple and others are denying anything was on the boards...

<698839253X6D445TD

wrote in news:pqek9h$avu$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Elaborate fake news.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

So? Isn't that par for the course to deny anything so critical unless they are forced to reveal it?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

It points to something else, the Trumpasite world has no problem creating 'fake news' (they came up with the word), even to the extent of damaging US companies.

He is an idiot. I did already point out that you can hand some pro trumpasite biased media any story and they will publish.

Sometimes I thing that reality show guy has enough data on judges and others to turn the law his own way. Anyways there is nowhere a board to be demonstrated to the media that has that mystery modification. The other thing that seems to evade most 'merricans is that making shipping from China more expensive for them is that they pay more. Yesterday I ordered an other about 5 $ 150 W stepdown regulator board, cost me 4 Euro inclusive shipping. Makes China happy, makes me happy (things are GOOD, this is not my fist one).

Today I just did read trumpasite will cancel the short range missile treaty that Reagan (I liked Reagan) and Gorbachev signed. So Trumpasite likes to shoot nukes to his close by allies it seems, nuke Canada? Mexico? The man is an idiot

How much damage can that idiot do in the remaining time he has?

He wants to be a 'strong man', but a strong idiot in a room full of porceline can do a lot of damage.

Russian lawmaker says U.S. withdrawal from INF Treaty "major blow" to global stability

<698839253X6D445TD

On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:47:53 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org wro te:

to have

hey are forced to reveal it?

I was really only referring to companies who often deny unfavorable news.

a any story and they will publish.

ers to turn the law his own way.

that mystery modification.

I get what they are saying about making the costs of shipping "fair". I ju st don't think it makes that much difference. Joerge seems to have focused his point to comparing Chinese retailers to US importers, a tiny, tiny seg ment of the market which affects very few jobs actually.

But in fairness I did point out that mucking with the postal rates is not m uch different from Trump's tariffs which may help a few US businesses gain some domestic business, but raise the cost of goods for *everyone* here in the US. So it is just another tax on US citizens.

st me 4 Euro inclusive shipping.

ne).

Which is just what Joerge does too. He continues to buy low cost Asian goo ds with subsidized shipping paid for by the Chinese government.

ty that Reagan (I liked Reagan)

But obviously the Canadians and Mexicans are treating us unfairly in this t reaty, no? Maybe he wants to use this as leverage in trade negotiations.

How long is a piece of string?

line

bal stability

I know, I know. When he was elected I figured how much damage can one Pres ident do? After all, Congress has most of the power, no? Will I guess the President can still do a lot of damage. If nothing else I expect the US w ill forever be an outcast in foreign relations. This may well be the culmi nation of US power in the world.

The irony is that Trump thinks he is restoring the US to some past pinnacle lost.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Except that it is NOT an Apple product.

Reveal would be more like "sound the alarm".

Reply to
DLUNU

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:5045a948-9f37-4229-b66a- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Stop TrumpTarding unrelated posts.

You are against him, but you also obviously got "affected".

You wanna TrumpTard? Go do it in TWITter.

Reply to
DLUNU

I'm sorry if it is hard to discuss events that have political aspects without mentioning the name of the "tard" who is responsible for much of it. So you are suggesting we refer to him as the "tard"-in-chief rather than by name?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

st me 4 Euro inclusive shipping.

ne).

Just ordered a whole whack (12 pieces total) of UV and closeup filters for my new Sony camera- less than $40 US equivalent including e-packet shipping from china to Canada. That's about the price of a single Hoya filter.

I don't feel too bad about that.. if you see how inefficient the local Chi nese sales is- take components- if they had to pay even 1/3 of what Western ers get paid the system would collapse. They have thousands of little shops that would get consolidated and all those people would have to find other work. And that's in one of the richest cities. They really are a developing country. The countryside is far, far poorer.

We seem to have a great deal with the UK too on shipping books (some kind o f media mail thing I guess), usually they come in top of the Abebooks list in total costs including shipping. Takes a few weeks, but they always show up. And they're authorized versions (ex, not like the Indian knock-off books. J ust ordered The New Science of Strong Materials: Or Why You Don't Fall thro ugh the Floor new copy for the equivalent of $16 USD delivered. If I wanted the old edition used it could have been $6 US delivered all the way from t he UK with the pages still musty from the salt air in old Blighty.

--sp

ty that Reagan (I liked Reagan)

line

bal stability