Suggestions for sources of custom cable kits?

I'm looking for a cost-sensitive manufacturer of custom cable assemblies. I t's expensive to have my company's on-site technicians build the various RF coax, digital, and power cables that are required for our mid-volume (100s ) chassis-based products. I'm looking for a one-stop shop that can provide a full range of RF and digital cable assemblies built to my exact specs, w hich would sometimes require cable lengths specified to within, say, a tent h of an inch.

Any recommendations?

Darol Klawetter

Reply to
Darol Klawetter

Where is you shop?

Reply to
John S

--
http://www.phoenix-lamar.com/index.html
Reply to

Try:

Ask for Danny.

Excellent workmanship!! Highly recommended. Never had a problem with any of the cables they've made for us (some up to 7 GHz).

Reply to
mpm

. It's expensive to have my company's on-site technicians build the various RF coax, digital, and power cables that are required for our mid-volume (1

00s) chassis-based products. I'm looking for a one-stop shop that can prov ide a full range of RF and digital cable assemblies built to my exact specs , which would sometimes require cable lengths specified to within, say, a t enth of an inch.

Thanks, John - Looks like a real possibility

Reply to
Darol Klawetter

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Reply to
Darol Klawetter

s. It's expensive to have my company's on-site technicians build the variou s RF coax, digital, and power cables that are required for our mid-volume (

100s) chassis-based products. I'm looking for a one-stop shop that can pro vide a full range of RF and digital cable assemblies built to my exact spec s, which would sometimes require cable lengths specified to within, say, a tenth of an inch.

I'm using a technician that works for my employer, but our labor rates are high, hence my need to out-source this work.

Reply to
Darol Klawetter

Pardon my typing in my previous reply.

I wanted to know if Mouser is within your range. They used to make cables to order.

Reply to
John S

Around Seattle, it's Redmond Cable for that kind of job...

Reply to
whit3rd

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

Reply to
Darol Klawetter

I helped a friend who was an engineer at Unique Electronics to verify that some customer supplied microwave cable was defective. This was a few years back, and I ended up buying all their obsolete test equipment. They were doing a lot of work for defense contractors and IBM at that time. I got a tour of their facility, and shown how they made some of the special wire, in house.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell