stupid product, stupid price

I wonder why that's on clearance! Sellers always trying to find new ways to gull the gullible.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

To make way for the surface-mount version?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

1) NOTE: on the top = "Based on the page you have landed on, we have selected the Education website as your default.

Ok, I've got it

If you would like to change your default sector, click the Change Product Range link above the Rapid logo."

2) Way too much. And worse, where are all of the other modules to "build" a working circuit?
Reply to
Robert Baer

:)

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Including the educationally essential six different LEDs.

Shame about the flashing one. I'd have thought "how can we make an LED flash?" would be useful project at this level, albeit perhaps not possible with the modules offered.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Man that is an expensive resistor!

However, you have to remember that Rapid have a lot of school level lab stuff and that's designed for lab work - where kids can be expected to handle banana plugs and leads, but a real resistor and breadboard would be too fiddly.

It's not an unreasonable product in that context.

Reply to
Tim Watts

FWLIW I think giving them resistors and croc clip leads would be a lot more sense. I don't see any upside to that rig. It just complicates the picture.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That price is reasonable for the enclosure, jacks, components and assembly labor... what's the problem, other than who really needs it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

They should be hanged, drawn and quartered for that choice of fonts.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Now THAT shows a better representation. Looks like they used a zener schematic representation for the LEDs...

Reply to
Robert Baer

I got a 101 projects solderless breadboard kit thing when I was a kid, aged

10 or so.

Within 2 minutes the leads had fallen off both TO-92 transistors, the only active devices supplied.

That could easily have ended my electronics career right there, looking back.

So I sort-of see the rationale, but you can get a whole lot of spare

--

John Devereux
Reply to

:

sistor-Module-70-0073

ed

enough for every single kid to nick one every time and still be up on the d eal

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr