Strange power supply behavior any hints ?

Could some electronics guru please provide some hints to what the following might mean ? I have an adjustable +/- 15V power supply that is used sparingly and has been with me for years. Lately, I have notice an odd issue. For example I adjust the pots to provide +6V, and check the output connectors(strip type). Now I connect something, and check the same output and it is now say 2.75V. I remove the load device, and of course the output is back to 6V. The fuse is not blown, and what could be causing the issue? Any hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dakupoto

Does it have Force/Sense outputs and are the Sense terminals connected? Art

Reply to
Artemus

Is it current limiting? Is the output clean DC or is the loaded output all line-frequency-hummy like?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany