Strain Gauge Amplifier question

I am using Analog Device 5B38-02 as a strain gauge amplifer, however, the gain is pretty low, which is around 160 and it can't be adjust.

Is there any method to increase the gain to 300?

I am looking for another strain gauge amplifier which has gain around 300. Could you guys give me a suggestion please?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
sommes

The AD 1B31 offers programmable gain up to 5000. Program with a single resistor.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Thank you Dave for quick reply.

However, I need a amplifier output from 0-5V, It is becuase an ADC will use to convert the voltage to digital signal.

Reply to
sommes

Duncan makes some nice stuff. He's a pretty good cook, too.

John

What's the problem that you can't cascade another amp to gain the

5B38-02 output by x2?
Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Hi Fred,

Do you mean put two 5B38-02 on a same mounting card or parallel two single channel mounting card with 5B38-02 ?

Cheers Billy

Reply to
sommes

No- just keep the 5B38-02 and input that to a precision DC amplifier with gain of x2. Total gain into the ADC is then 160 x 2= 360. Look at

for some top-of-the-line amplifier performers that meet your needs, free samples or buy on-line from there.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I just looked it up- so if you have the +/-5V output option, then all that is required is to scale up and offset to your ADC input range. The conditioner has already done the hard part up to that point so the precision on anything you use on its output can be relaxed.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Thank you fred. I will check which precision amplifier is suitable for me.

Reply to
sommes

Hi Fred,

Would you mind to suggest me which amplifer in

would suitable for my task. Thank you very much.

Reply to
sommes

I found LTC2054 would be suitable for my task. Thanks a lot

Reply to
sommes