Steam Cleaning the Streets?

Feel like playing Russian roulette? Seems hospitals are worried a bunch about HIV and similar diseases.

Reply to
krw

We don't have deer in SF. There are lots down the peninsula, and up in Marin county. People don't garden in Truckee, because the deer will eat anything in reach. They don't compost because that attracts bears.

The coyotes are recent arrivals here, and proliferating all over town. They have actually been seen commuting across the Golden Gate Bridge.

A pretty big mountain lion was recently captured a few blocks from my house, anesthetized and exported to somewhere appropriate. I don't think that happens in New York City.

lunatic fringe electronics

Almost like nurses and phlebotomists have to deliberately handle dozens of dirty needles/sharps a day as part of their job duties

Reply to
bitrex

snip

They are not, however breaking their skin with them. They actually train in the importance of not letting that *ever* happen.

Reply to
Long Hair

They know what they're doing and, if you ever really seen what goes on in a hospital, there is a sharps disposal mechanism in almost every room. They won't come anywhere near you without gloves. Many nurses _have_ become HIV positive because of their jobs. Whatever you think (not much, obviously), it is treated very seriously.

Reply to
krw