SPICE model for HEMT ?

I am faced with an odd problem. The HEMT lumped element model in the paper: A Simple and Accurate Circuit Simulation Model for GaN Power HEMTs is very compact and intuitive, but the authors provide no circuit parameter values for SPICE simulation. The SPICE GaN model provided by GaN Systems at their Web site is too complicated/non-intuitive and throws lots of error messages with HSpice and NgSpice. Could some fellow member of this newsgroup provide some pointers to some material that resolves the above issues ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
dakupoto

How about E-mailing me a copy of the paper?

Be sure to follow the instructions, send an E-mail _without_ any attachment, then I will E-mail you an approved E-mail address to send the attachment. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Found paper. Worthless. Typical tripe from the PhD crowd... all paper, no touch >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yep.

I had a little look on their website at one of their models.

As soon as I saw an "if " statement, I knew it was crap.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Sno-o-o-ort >:-}

You and I apparently have the same view of "IF" statements used _within_ a Spice model.

However I sometimes do use "IF" statements to preset parameters (for the newbies/amateurs, that means they're inactive during the Spice run). ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

That's ok.

The obvious issue, is that spice just don't like discontinuous derivatives...

If I need an if else, I will use a gained (1+tanh()) and (tanch()-1)

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

As is well-known on this group, TANH is my absolute favorite function... all of my recent models that require bounding functions are implemented with variations on TANH. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature