Spice model for 6N139

Hello all,

I'm looking for a SPICE model of the 6N139 and despite numerous hours searching on the web, I could not find one. If someone has such a model at hand, I would very much appreciate if I could get a copy of it.

Thanks in advance Olivier

Reply to
OBones

On the files section of the Yahoo LTSpice group there is a 6N136 model if that helps.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Indeed, I could add a transistor to mimic the darlington stage. But then again, which value should I use?

Reply to
OBones

Can't you measure one out, CTR and so on?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hi ! I don't know if it will help, but I found a Hewlett-Packard optoelectronics applications manual (c) 1977 which mentions (p 3.7) that the LED => photo-diode CTR is ~0.0015 (~0.15%) across the range of similar devices.

Looking at datasheet for the accessible base 6n136, 0.16% is quoted. This suggests that we could use either figure for 6n139 with some confidence.

Collecting enough 6n139 Q1 & Q2 Hfe values to be statistically significant is, of course, another matter...

Nik

Nik

We recently made our own optocouplers by epoxying an Osram surface-mount IR LED to an Osram TO-92 photodiode. CTR is 23%.

John

"Collecting enough 6n139 Q1 & Q2 Hfe values to be statistically significant is, of course, another matter..."

;-)

FWIW, I've hooked the chips up to an Atlas component mini-analyser. There's a slight drift in Beta (hFE) readings if repeated, but usually no more than

+/- 1%.

Number in sample = 25.

Mean = 101.1 Range 92 ~~110 SD(n-1) = 5.0 ...... Then, given the LED --> PhotoDiode CTR = ~0.0016 (~0.16%) {OptoElectronics Applications Manual (c)1977 Hewlett-Packard p3.7 and their

6n136 model ;-}

With 6n139 LED cathode connected to Q2 emitter, and both collectors linked, the Atlas accepted it as an odd darlington, reported the beta. Mean = 7.3, Range 6~~9.

Calculating each Q1 beta gave Mean = 45.1 Range 37~~53 SD(n-1) = 3.6

Disclaimer: These are based on *single* measurements points per chip. Collecting data over a range of LED currents and Vcc may give significantly different results. I'll have to do that to get the Early voltage for Q2...

My head hurts...

Nik