Spice-based simulation software

Been seeing a lot of references to Spice simulation software lately.  - I'd
be interested to hear any advice on any freeware/shareware versions to give
it a try.

Johnny

Re: Spice-based simulation software

You can download a nice package for free from the Linear Technology web
site.
www.linear.com

It goes by the names of LTSpice and SwitcherCAD3

- mkaras

Re: Spice-based simulation software

I'd
give

Thank you mkaras, this appears to be just what I was looking for.

Johnny

Re: Spice-based simulation software

snipped-for-privacy@CarouselDesign.com says...

Are these limited in any way?

Thanks,
David

Re: Spice-based simulation software

No.

Re: Spice-based simulation software

Re: Spice-based simulation software

Hello David,

LTspice from Linear Technology has no limits. It has been developed to give
the designers of  DC/DC converters a tool to develop their circuits with the
switchmode
ICs from Linear Technology. Kudos to the program author Mike who has made
LTspice
a general purpose SPICE program too.

Maybe you can imagine how many use it when I tell you that more
than 6300 users have already signed in to the LTspice Yahoo user group.
If I assume that these are only a few percent of the users, then there must
be
over 100000 who have used it.

Best regards,
Helmut

To whom it may concern: I am not an employee of Linear Technology

Site Timeline