Specialized plastic standoff -- grip pcb?

Has anyone ever seen a piece of plastic hardware like a standoff (keystone etc) that I can mount to pcb with a hole in one end and then the top will " grip" the sides of another pcb? Large board below and grip a smaller board above? Need to grip the board as it would not have the room for holes. May have to make my own but thought I'd ask. --thanks

Reply to
mkr5000

Try RAF hardware, they have the same assortment as Keyelectro plus some.

Martin Riddle

Has anyone ever seen a piece of plastic hardware like a standoff (keystone etc) that I can mount to pcb with a hole in one end and then the top will "grip" the sides of another pcb? Large board below and grip a smaller board above? Need to grip the board as it would not have the room for holes. May have to make my own but thought I'd ask. --thanks ===================================================================================

Haven't seen that directly, but could you use card edge guide rails (C channels that a pcb slides into) and mount them on standoffs that go down to your main pcb? Or more kludgy, but you could use a standoff with two plastic washers on the to end to "pinch" the board, and clamp the washers together with either a screw down into the female end of the standoff or a nut if the standoff end is male.

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

e etc) that I can mount to pcb with a hole in one end and then the top will "grip" the sides of another pcb? Large board below and grip a smaller boa rd above? Need to grip the board as it would not have the room for holes. M ay have to make my own but thought I'd ask. --thanks

thanks carl -- good idea

Reply to
mkr5000

I looked into this many years ago and came to the conclusion I would have to mold my own. I never found anything suitable. I was designing very small daughterboards, about 1x1.5 inches if memory serves me. The main reason I didn't want to use mounting holes was just because it was such a small board. Even 4-40 hardware looked big.

I used a 2 mm screw to secure a more recent board (smaller than 4-40 but available) and the customer complained that I used metric. Geeze, are we still stuck with Imperial units in electronics???

--

Rick
Reply to