Speaking of breakfast...

after the grits ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

We need a guided tour of the menu. :-)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

The second one looks like intravenous Pale Ale. But watch out for that bubble, that's not supposed to ever go in.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Left to right...

(For a PICC line infusion)

Saline flush

Ceftriaxone (antibiotic)

Saline flush

Heparin flush

Saline flush for spare port

Heparin flush for spare port ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Whoa!!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

At least you're getting what you need.

I hope that dessert tastes better !

Happy new year !

boB

Reply to
boB

Thanks! Wife made a lemon meringue pie (for last night, cherry pie previous evening ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

We're recovering from a nasty flu thing, and we're erratic about what sounds good to eat. Lemon pie does sound good. We have a pretty good crop for this time of year.

You can see the RatLight below the tree, which keeps Mr Ratto from skinning our lemons at night.

lunatic fringe electronics

My appetite is coming back. For a few weeks there I couldn't eat at all.

I've got to get over this cancer thing and get on with my life... and my gardening. At our previous house we had a lemon tree that produced lemons the size of softballs... visitors were _required_ to leave with a large bag of lemons ;-)

We also had Valencia oranges, limes and Texas pink grapefruit. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Jim, Get yourself a big bowl of chicken noodle soup. It cures everything.

Happy new year.

Regards

Reply to
tom

Indeed it does ;-)

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Locally known as Jewish penicillin. Just don't go overboard like Mary Hartman's next door neighbour. (*)

Phil Hobbs

... ... ... ... ... ... (*) he was treating a bad cold with lots of meds and a great deal of bourbon. He passed out and drowned in the bowl.

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Our agricultural ambitions are limited in 0.018 acres of arable land, but we do get nice Meyer lemons and some herbs and a few small apples. But then, Safeway and Canyon Market are both walking/hiking distance.

The Meyers are about the only citrus that grows in this cool, foggy climate. They are big and juicy but not as tart as the usual lemons.

We have about an acre in Truckee, but that's mostly pines and some manzinita, and seasonal pop-ups. The deer will eat anything that we'd plant. There's a Safeway up there, too.

lunatic fringe electronics

Improbable. She must have bought the chicken soup in a can which is mostly water and very little chicken. Real chicken soup is far more chicken than water. Attempting a face plant into the bowl would be obstructed by all the boiled chicken parts, making it very difficult to provide sufficient immersion depth to produce a fatal drowning.

Chicken soup is usually served at elevated temperatures. Even intoxicate and comatose, the reflex reaction to having one's nose scalded by hot chicken soup would probably have produced an involuntary withdrawal from the bowl.

The face must be almost perfectly horizontal in the bowl of soup, which I've found is exceedingly difficult to manage without also falling out of the chair. However, I did not test this position while unconscious and therefore cannot predict the victims actions.

I wonder how much chicken soup would be necessary to produce a suitable drowning. I did some measuring and found that the face must be immersed from the top of the head to the chin or about 20 cm, and to a depth of at least 4 cm to cover the nose and mouth. Assuming a circular bowl, that's a volume of: Pi * 10^2 * 4 = 1256 cubic-cm = 1256 ml A can of Campbell's condensed Chicken Soup weighs 305 grams = 305 ml. Diluted 2:1 per the instructions, the volume would be 610 ml. This volume does not offer any safety factor to insure a proper drowning. Therefore, I suspect that somewhat more than 610 ml was administered.

As a minimum, the soup bowl contained at least the contents of 2 cans of condensed chicken soup and an equal amount of water (1220 ml total). I've never tired to drink that much soup in one sitting, but I suspect it would be near the minimum volume of soup required to be considered an overdose. Fully expanded, the human stomach volume is about 1000 ml making the contents of the soup bowl fill about 120% of the stomach.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com