source for a type J (Energizer 539) battery holder

Anyone know where to buy battery holders for J size batteries?

Yeah, I know, google is my friend. I just can't locate such a battery holder. I'd prefer one that physically holds the battery and makes contact.

Reply to
miso

Email Energizer and ask them.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, I emailed Energizer and all I got were a few links to companies that made battery holders. I guess they figured I don't know about google. ;-)

Reply to
miso

I would think that their recommendations would be for acceptable quality holders.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think the situation is the same as using PolaPulse batteries from back when they were popular: any holders are designed into the molded plastic housing that makes up a camera body.

That doesn't stop you from making a box out of G-10 or delrin or whatever, getting some raw spring contacts from Keystone or HH Smith or whatever your favorite hardware supplier is, and riveting/glueing one up yourself.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Yes, I believe the only choice is to roll your own or use one from a commecial device. I am going to check one of the local surplus shops and see if there is some device I can raid.

Reply to
miso

Well, you are not correct here. They had no direct advice (i.e. use a blah blah blah), nor did their links contain any solution.

Reply to
miso

The fact that they didn't give any recommendations doesn't make my statment wrong. It just makes it harder for you to try. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida