Solder Paste Dispensers from Ebay from China

On Ebay there's a couple of solder paste dispensers to chose from in the $110 to $200 range..

Anybody have one of these Hong Kong dispensers? Happy with it?

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Maybe a link would help? They all seem to need shop air or a vacuum source.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Yup

Gotta shop for a mini compressor next..

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

And all the water traps and filters, too. I don't think getting machine oil into the air is a good thing for this application. Where you gonna keep the paste? Next to the beer? What kind of beer you get in BC?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I have this one...

handy for inflating tires, balls and pool toys.

I've actually used it with a sand blast hood for patterning glass gifts.

But I'm eyeing some tools that need more oomph ;-) ...Jim Thompson

They're mainland Chinese versions of an old US design that used to sell for 5-10x as much. Most of them probably work okay-- waiting for your report..

Instead of a "mini compressor", unless you live in an apartment, get yourself a proper compressor with a nice big tank and the motor/pump on top and stick it out in the garage. DO NOT be tempted by "oil-free" types- they make the most horrible racket.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Get a surge tank. Use a compressor to fill it, and you will have QUIET dispensation pressure for weeks to come on a single fill for that low consumption utilization.

Sheesh.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I have the solder paste in the lettuce compartment.. :P btw..the solder paste is long expired.. I'm clueless as to what expired solder paste does.

I drink Corona. It doesn't give me a headache.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

$60.00US!! Does it make more noise than a kitchen refrigerator?

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Yeah..I've been wondering about oily air. I don't think the oily air will contaminate the solder paste and any vented oily air can be piped and exhausted out a window.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Like take a tank for a fill up at a gas station. No noise. Cheap. Low volume solution.

huh :)

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Do you have to wear ear protection in your kitchen?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I estimate an hour running to fill a 11 gallon tank with the cheapie one I bought for the better half to sling around (hobby upholstery stapling)

You could always set it up in the middle of the garage concrete floor (so if it catches fire it won't take the house out) and go out for lunch. ;-)

Does anyone know how these things generate the "suck back" vacuum-- is it a venturi or something more clever (and less wasteful of air) like a piston ?

I think this is the original manufacturer of these things:

Spehro Pefhany

Nope. I like a quiet workbench. If a compressor is going under the bench, it must be quiet.. Since the compressor in a kitchen refrigerator is quiet then the same tech can also be applied as a pressure source for a paste dispenser.

btw..I've experimented with kitchen refrigerator compressors to pump air. Works good.. Oily air...Needs filter.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

There's a solder paste dispensing video too..

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Depends.

It shows. Try Sam Adams.

Nothing left to give an ache to after attacking it with Corona. Ewww. See above suggestion.

Reply to
CellShocked

Larger carbon footprint, unless you bike to the station and back.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Buy a small compressor and hook it up to your exercise bike. Fill the surge tank, and fill a smaller one for that emergency finish up need incase you forget to keep tabs on the fill level of the big tank.

You can fill all kinds of surge tanks that way, and power everything from the compressed air if you make air motor to DC generator converters.

You could spend time every day filling up pressure bladders with air, and spend whatever time using them up as you need them. Come up with a leak free system, and you could store a LOT of human energy, and use it either a little at a time or all at once in several ways.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever