Socket for MR16 lamp with 6.35mm pin spacing

I need a couple of sockets for MR16 halogen lamps with 6.35mm pin spacing. The link below gives the only online source I can find here in India for MR16 lamp sockets but even this is given as a G5.3 type, that is, one with 5.3mm pin spacing.

A closer look at the image reveals that the hole for each pin is elongated rather than circular. It seems to me that it's probably a universal type and should be able to accommodate a G6.35 version too, probably also G4. The original socket this one is intended to replace has a circular hole for each pin and will not fit more than one type. Can anyone tell me if the product in the link will fit a 6.35mm type lamp?

Reply to
Pimpom

Everything I've found sez that MR16 is 5.3mm. I got some ebay sockets that look just like those and used 'em with MR16 LED lights that have 5.3 in the part number. They measure 5.3. The holes are elongated, but not sure if they'll go the extra mm. Or whether I've got the same sockets.

Reply to
mike