SMD resistor assortment

does anyone know of an inexpensive SMD chip resistor assortment priced for hobbyist use? something with a good assortment of common standard values and not too small a physical size.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Did you look on Ebay yet?

Here is one example"

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Search Digikey for "resistor kit" and then decide which one you like?

is 0805-sized and has a pretty good range of values for only about $60.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Digikey has resistor assortments. Might check out Mouser too.

Reply to
qrk

It's worth checking DigiKey and (even moreso) Mouser, but the best selection I've seen has been on eBay... E.g., all of $5.99 shipped for

5% 0603 resistors, 50 pieces of 25 different values:
Joel Koltner

Digikey or Mouser, Digikey has kits for 0.1%...5% and various wattages. The ebay listings are just 5% values

Martin Riddle

I have bought a set just like that, from the very same vendor. You can also shop directly from their web site:

You can also find a similar set without the little storage boxes, for a little less money. However, if you don't already have a good way of storing tiny parts, I recommend getting the boxes. They are very useful.

--
RoRo
Reply to

These...

...are by far the best storage method I've found for development quantities of SM Rs & Cs, 12 columns per page and each column will hold two strips of 50 parts for 0805 or smaller, or a single strip of 50

1206. They're pretty durable, too.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

DJ Delorie

DJ Delorie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@delorie.com:

GREAT,Thank you very much!.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

0603 is very small for a hobbyist to start on. 0805 is much more practical 1206 is so big 'even Steve Wonder could solder these' but they are only a modest size saving compared to 1/4 and 1/8 watt resistors.
--
We have failed to address the fundamental truth that endless growth is
impossible in a finite world.

So much depends on age and the health of yer eyes.

I'm over 60 with no real eye probs other than merely being old. I jes got some 1206 caps in an SDR radio receiver. Yikes! In my youth, as a machinist, I could easily see and estimate 0.005" with my bare eyeball. No more. Lil' Stevie may be able to solder a 1206, but I'm gonna need magnification. Fortunately, I have some 3X fly-tying mag glasses. They should do the trick. ;)

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Reply to

I'll be 60 this year. Though I had excellent vision in my younger days, I'm quite far sighted, now and have bifocal reading glasses (~12" and 24" focus). At my CPoE, 0402s are the standard resistor size. No 0201s, yet, thank &deity (they're a reliability problem). All it takes are the right tools. A Mantis ranks right up there with an oscilloscope as a required engineering tool. ;-)

Reply to
krw

These work pretty well and you can get your script fitted (by another optometrist)