smart bulbs?

If I put two of these in the same fixture, I wonder if they will confuse one another. Probably not.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

LOL- some genius asked:

Using in porch lights. Do I need to leave the light switch in on position or off?

or this:

Does this work on 220 volts?

Finally someone asked your question:

Question: will these work for a 3 bulb lamppost? Only 2 at a time light up

Answer: Yes, it can work for a lamppost, but the dusk to dawn lights will influence each other if you place them too close. And at a distance of 1 meter is the best between two bulbs.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Oh, I was trying to turn it into an oscillator... which didn't work. But certainly it seems that a few lights near each other could leave one off.. close enough only one could dominate.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I expect they will. I've even seen a light sensing light confuse itself when too much of its own emitted light is reflected back to its sensor.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

$5 each is a bit pricey...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Would three bulbs turn chaotic?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Now you've done it. I'm almost tempted to buy three to find out.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

If it does, you can be sure it will turn up in an "art installation" very soon...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

There, John. Does that answer your question?

Reply to
John S

I was guessing that the light sensor works when the LEDs are off. If at the AC zero crossing, they might not interfere.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Seems absurdly cheap to me.

You can get a motion-detector bulb for a similar price.

We got a bunch of battery-powered motion-detector+ambient light sensor LED pucks to stick in dark closets, for a few dollars each. That's amazing.