Small-scale BGA soldering

Den onsdag den 18. oktober 2017 kl. 19.37.53 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

upload stl file to

it says it'll cost $5.99

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Good idea, I couldn't post one for that, and I only had 1 more of them printed than I think I will eventually lose (I am down to 2 at the moment), so I don't really want to part with any of mine, sorry.

Reply to
Chris Jones

I suffered through his tear down of a dirt simple NEC Analog TV Modulator. Designed and built by NEC, but to hear him tell it, it was the most complex device ever built. He went on and on about how there were separate manuals for each sub assembly, which is common in industrial equipment. I saw a brand new NEC UHF Analog transmitter in the late '80s and it was nothing to brag about. They had to fly a half dozen people from the factory to the US to beat on it, until it was almost stable. They kept tinkering with the bias circuits for the final tubes, and it kept tripping breakers. It was on Ch 68, just long enough for them to convince a college to trade their Ch 18 license. They gave the college the NEZC and relaced the barely year old NEC.

He harped for at least ten minutes about what some parts might be.

15 seconds on Google showed them to be common as dirt CATV Hybrid amplifiers that were being used as blocks of RF gain. 75 Ohm in, +24VDC and 75 Ohm out with 20+ dB of RF gain.
Reply to
Michael A Terrell

He isn't an RF guy and he is too easily impressed by semirigid and other UHF construction techniques. I agree with you that he should not cover equipment like that until he has a little more experience with it.

Reply to
Rob

Yeah, that whole "off the cuff" thing works better for him than for his viewers. It's also a dubious claim--"off the cuff" means that you at least wrote a couple of lines of notes on your shirt before getting up on your hind legs, which he doesn't seem to do.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs